Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick ET73 any good at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick ET73 any good at all?

I purchased an ET-73 several years ago (when it was the only available model for monitoring both food and bbq temps). My 73 transmitter appears to have failed (new probes still result in the LLL reading). I have a choice of obtaining a new 73 transmitter (for about $15) or switching to a 732. When the 73 transmitter was functioning, I was able to make the system work satisfactorily, even though more complicated than my 732. I know that Meathead, et al., now rank the 73 as decidedly inferior, but my question is whether that judgment is based on any findings besides the fact that it's more complicated to use than the 732 and has to be re-set every time one uses it.

Boydog, I have a Maverick 733 which is Very Similar to the 732! I can only speak of the ET - 733 but others have Spoke Highly of the ET - 732 on this Site! They are Very Accurate as checked in a boiling water test! I am not a Computer Programmer and I haven't read the Book Cover to Cover so I find it a bit Intiminating to Change Settings but I am not the Sharpest Knife in The Drawer! My only basic complaints are 1: Probes are Not Water Proof! and 2: Maverick doesn't offer a Spool or other Probe Storage Device! This can be a Real Pain in the A-- with the 6' Probes! Hope this Helps You!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I think it is more or less the fact that the quality you get in the 732 pretty much makes the 73 obsolete.

Comment

Boydog , I have the the 733 also. I have cursed their probes, but otherwise solid. 1 probe had a short life, ordered 1 replacements which were out of box failures. Next two have held up....so far.

Waiting to receive my "Meater" we'll see. They are about 6 mos late shipping, but it is a kickstarter project.

Comment

I have the 732 and really love it. Simple and easy to use. I don't bother with programming the temp ranges at all, that just got annoying. Only downside is the probes. I've been through several. Finally got a set of 6' probes that have not failed on me in a year of cooking now. If the transmitter or what not fails, I guess I will get something new. But until then, the 732 is a great set up.

Just trying to figure out, now, what to do when I'm cooking several big chunks of meat on the WSM. I may need another 732 or something

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here