Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick Redi-Chek ET 732

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the Sriracha!!!! Currently on pizza rolls

BTW- go stand on a line and look at 15,750 dead chickens in a 9 hour span.....then get back to me with some sanity.

Comment

Even so....proctology? I'll assume from this you mean I should've gone into medical school full bore.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Probes...got it. No, I have to wonder about those who pursue proctology. Glad they're there when you need them, but there are so many professions that don't involve....well, you know.

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd do it just for the jokes. Kinda like Tim Whatley converting to Judaism on Seinfeld.
        Last edited by Jerod Broussard; September 16, 2014, 05:47 PM.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        So you're Kosmo Kramer, the Assman!

I just talked a coworker into a Mav ET-732 today. Dead simple and they just work I told him.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        Hate to say it but i should have bought two more instead of the iCel.

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought an ET-733 a couple of weeks ago. I like the 732 more. The 733 has too much stuff on there I have no intention of ever using.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Dave that's the conclusion I came to when I seen the 733 and wanted my second Mav. I felt like why do I need to see Beef on the display, blah blah blah. I love the 732 too, but I have my different meat temps memorized, there are probably many folks who don't.

Just to be clear, will the meat probe work for a grill temp sensor as well?

I just bought my second Maverick...and I'm sensing a 3rd soon, as well as the gasket set for my WSM...and the computer controlled fan thing...and the stainless door...

Comment

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it will work.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        And the cooker probe can be easily slipped into raw meat and used as a meat probe. When I buy extension robes I buy either the hybrids or meat probes but they're all interchangeable.

By way of update- the free knives are awesome. Very sharp, lightweight, can't tell you're holding it. My only complaint, since I have to find one, is that I wish the blades were just a bit longer. I used them to trim (prep) my ribs the other day and they just melt right through meat & fat, but they're not trimming knives they're steak knives. Not bad for free.

Comment

This reminds me I really need to finish my thermometer, the current board allows 6 sensors but it can be taken to 36. Just deciding on whether to have it send text messages or give it its own twitter account and let it tweat the updates.

Comment

Did you post pics of that someplace?

Comment

Good info guys. I fried my food probe apparently. Was using the hamburger grill technique described elsewhere and, well, when I cranked up the heat on the gas grill and put oil on the burgers, I had a flash fire. No damage to the meat. It was delicious. Now I am ready to smoke a brisket and all I get is HHH. Since I'm using a Pit Barrell Cooker, I will forgo the cook temp and place the probe in the meat.

Comment

Originally posted by atlpbc View Post
              Good info guys. I fried my food probe apparently. Was using the hamburger grill technique described elsewhere and, well, when I cranked up the heat on the gas grill and put oil on the burgers, I had a flash fire. No damage to the meat. It was delicious. Now I am ready to smoke a brisket and all I get is HHH. Since I'm using a Pit Barrell Cooker, I will forgo the cook temp and place the probe in the meat.
              If it doesn't come back around, you can pick up replacement probes on Amazon (please use our link), they average $15 each for the 6' ones, which are a step up from the stock 3' ones. They now offer "hybrid" probes which are long & pointed like the food probe (6"), but straight, no curve. They can be used either/or as cooker or food probe. As we've pointed out above you can use the stock probes as either/or too if you want.

If your Mav is relatively new give Maverick an email [email protected], you may be surprised to find how they'll work with you. They can be slow to answer though, but my experience with them has been positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post

If it doesn't come back around, you can pick up replacement probes on Amazon (please use our link), they average $15 each for the 6' ones, which are a step up from the stock 3' ones. They now offer "hybrid" probes which are long & pointed like the food probe (6"), but straight, no curve. They can be used either/or as cooker or food probe. As we've pointed out above you can use the stock probes as either/or too if you want.

If your Mav is relatively new give Maverick an email [email protected], you may be surprised to find how they'll work with you. They can be slow to answer though, but my experience with them has been positive.

Thought I would let you know I did get the replacement already. No need to contact the company, they didn't mess up... 8-)

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good deal, back to work

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here