Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The wife said "NO MORE"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wife said "NO MORE"

Dang, she said I can"t buy no more thermometers...I guess I better hide the other two iGrills2 that's on their way Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001 (7).JPG
Views:	108
Size:	276.1 KB
ID:	161394

This. Is. Awesome. You are my hero.

Comment

Can I buy one?

Comment

WOW! Just WOW!

Is there a favorite somewhere in there?

Comment

DWCowles , I just had a Thermoworks order show up yesterday. I took advantage of the AR discount on the new thermapen and then picked up a few other thermometers, shirt, mini spatula and spoon, humidity monitor, silicon pad thing, etc... Wife hasn't seen that box YET.... almost afraid to because in the last month:

I quickly jumped on the SkyMall innovation sale on maverick knockoffs a few weeks ago and purchased a couple
          Had a Slow'n'Sear and shirt delivered
          Informed her I need a 22" Weber Performer Deluxe to go with the new Slow'n'Sear I just got. (Good thing she met David Parrish and knows the SnS and Weber Kettle are legit needs).

May have forgot to mention there will be another box coming in a few weeks that will include Meathead 's new book as well as the Food Lab book, some Rapala soft grip knives, and some tunes (the SteelDrivers - highly recommend checking them out if you like Chris Stapleton as it was his old band)...

Then the other night while we were out on the porch enjoying a beautiful evening when the guy from ToolWizard.com returned my call. I had left a message asking if they were going to get anymore 16" and 20" BBQ Tongs (you know the cool red scissor ones meathead uses) since they were out online and on amazon... (praise the lard, they are getting more with a little redesign)... anyway my wife gave me one of those looks when I had to explain who called and then why.

All in all though I have a great wife who is pretty cool about things, understands this is my hobby, passion, and outlet for fun, and doesn't give me too much grief as long as I keep turning out food and I don't get too carried away with purchases (she did frown on the idea ordering the Meadow Creek TS250 smoker so I decided not to push my luck).

THE BBQ GADGETS, TOYS, & ACCESSORIES ADDICTION STRUGGLE IS REAL!!!!
          Last edited by Nate; April 27, 2016, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            I have also pre-order MH's book when he first made the annoucement about it and I love the my 20'' tong that I got from ToolWizard last year.

• Flavorsavor
            Flavorsavor commented
            Editing a comment
            x2 on the Steeldrivers. Especially if you enjoy dark whiskey and white lies...

Wives can be so unreasonable.

Comment

Impressive.

Comment

DWCowles, DW after owning Eunice for 44 Yrs, I truly realize how independent and opinionated Wives can get! But in this One Case I think I have to back Your Wife? This represents a true quandary for me!
              I either throw a BBQ Buddy under the Bus or ? ? ? ?. 😙🤔👎🤔😙. 😇
              Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

DWCowles you do realize once Thermoworks comes out with their new wireless model you will have to purchase at least 2 of them, right?

Comment

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  shhhhh...don't want her to hear you
                  Last edited by DWCowles; April 27, 2016, 06:34 PM.

• Craigar
                  Craigar commented
                  Editing a comment

• richinlbrg
                  richinlbrg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  New wireless?? What is thermoworks coming out with?

Still waiting on the new Meater wireless

DWCowles ...

That's an impressive display. You could start a retail website with that inventory.😳

Just order the wife some pretty shoes now and then.😎

Comment

LOL, I just bought my wife some expensive sunglasses merely because I knew it would open up the budget for a Rotisserie and larger welding gas tank for my birthday.

And besides I bet if you compared it to her shoe selection inventory. You are under on your inventory.

Comment

• Craigar
                    Craigar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Boom!

• fzxdoc
                    fzxdoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Uh, lots of new shoes are essential to a wife's happiness. They should be deductible as a medical expense for stress relief.

Cool move with the sunglasses. I wonder what I can get my husband to justify the purchase of the new Summit Charcoal Grill. Hmmmm.

• Thunder77
                    Thunder77 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    fzxdoc, I would fall down and kiss your feet if you brought home a Weber Summit! I'm sure your hubby would love you for the great cooks on one!

DANG! I thought I was bad! You have me beat by a mile, dude! I have two Chef Alarms, two Mavericks, A thermopop, two RT600Cs , a Dot, and two Thermapens. My addiction is quite mild compared to yours! I also recently took advantage of the special discount, and bought a new Thermapen MK4. (I have to Hide that from the wife)
                  Nice pink Thermapen, btw!

Comment

DWCowles, I did notice you don't have any tools that are yellow or green. I'll let you slide on indigo and violet.

Comment

• DWCowles
                      DWCowles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      fuzzydaddy I'm not a big fan of yellow or green...green is a good color if it's on the right paper if you know what I mean

• fuzzydaddy
                      fuzzydaddy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I know what you mean! I don't have any yellow, but I do have a ChefAlarm that's green only because it's my wife's favorite color and it helped ease the pain of buying it.

I've had only limited success slipping toys past the intense financial scrutiny of my accountant wife. The two biggies are "yes dear, there are 28 golf clubs in a set" and "trust me, you can only buy Sage fly rods in pairs ... it's a question of balance and the physics of graphite". Can't remember any others that worked ...

Comment

• scottranda
                      scottranda commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hahaha! 28 golf clubs in a set! Luckily, I've passed off my BBQ purchases by cooking my wife delicious food and show her how important the tool was to cook it!

• fzxdoc
                      fzxdoc commented
                      Editing a comment
                      May Day? Craigar. How did that work for you?

• Craigar
                      Craigar commented
                      Editing a comment
                      fzxdoc It worked great!!! So every year since then we have an ongoing joke as to what purchase will qualify as a May Day present. I neglected to mention she was with me when I bought the 3 wood.

There are advantages to being single.

Life is an equipment sport. Why don't women understand that? Of course, I don't understand my wife's maxim that life is a clothing sport. Fortunately, she realized the futility of trying to dress me up since I retired.
                    Last edited by gcdmd; April 27, 2016, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here