Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20% off Thermapen Mk4 for 2 Days only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20% off Thermapen Mk4 for 2 Days only

Thermoworks is offering its best price EVER on the new precision 2 second Thermapen Mk4: 20% off for 48 hours ONLY to my followers only if you use this link http://ow.ly/4mU06x

Attached Files

Meathead any updates on when Thermoworks might come out with a wireless thermometer similar to a Maverick or iGrill2? I could have sworn I read something earlier this winter they were thinking about coming out with a product similar to the aforementioned wireless thermometers. It was a long winter, so I might have been suffering from delirium caused by the lack of consuming protein subjected to the Maillard reaction.

Comment

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      @jgg85235 The BlueTherm has been around and we tested it. Not thrilled. They are sending me a pre-release of something wifeless any day now.

• jgg85234
      jgg85234 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know, @Meathead.

I didn't take the plunge, still using the TW8060 I bought a few years ago.

Jim

• bpf120
      bpf120 commented
      Editing a comment
      Meathead any updates on that new product? Thermoworks has a good sale going on now for their kits. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger but I would wait if there is wifi coming.

Thanks!!!

Thanks! New member here... I needed one of these, and it was awesome to get it at a discount!

Comment

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to The Pit!

I've been wondering, do current MK4 owners think the backlighting and waterproof features are a big improvement? I'm torn between this sale and waiting for the Thermapen Classic to go on sale for around $60-65. Thoughts? I don't have either.

Comment

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      On the other hand, I have a classic thermapen that is barely used that I would let go for $50.

• Histrix
      Histrix commented
      Editing a comment
      You should take a look at the Lavatools Javelin Pro.

ViperGirl, welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• ViperGirl
      ViperGirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Welcome ViperGirl

Comment

• ViperGirl
      ViperGirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! cool avatar

Posting great prices on tools (or new grills for that matter) tug at my wallet almost more than I can stand.

Comment

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know that feeling fuzzydaddy!

Welcome to The Pit ViperGirl! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Thanks Meathead. Just ordered a black MK4 and two protective leather wallets!

Comment

Score!

Comment

Thanks Meathead. Picked up some for gifts. Great timing.

Comment

Originally posted by PBCDad View Post
            I've been wondering, do current MK4 owners think the backlighting and waterproof features are a big improvement? I'm torn between this sale and waiting for the Thermapen Classic to go on sale for around $60-65. Thoughts? I don't have either.
            Yes, I love the backlight, since a lot of my cooks end up finishing after dark. I have the original, and a Thermopop, and I will often choose the thermopop at night, because it has a backlight. Indoors of course I would use the thermapen.

Comment

Most definitely, especially in winter where 99% of my cooking is after dark since it gets dark at 5:30 where I live. The biggest thing I appreciate is the auto-rotating display. No matter what angle you're at, which burger or chop you're poking, or whether you're R or L handed, the display is always upright and lit up! If you're left handed and use the Classic, the display will be upside down.

By the way, as of now 6:15am ET 4/22 the sale is still up, even though it shouldn't be. HURRY before they catch it!

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up Huskee I was going to take the plunge and get one last night but I fell asleep! Just got one, the sale is still up so I dodged a bullet. Never paid this much for a thermometer, but like Meathead says, you only cry once, right? Thanks also to Thunder77, you and Huskee made me more comfortable ponying up. Now can one of you explain it to my wife?

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up Huskee I was going to take the plunge and get one last night but I fell asleep! Just got one, the sale is still up so I dodged a bullet. Never paid this much for a thermometer, but like Meathead says, you only cry once, right? Thanks also to Thunder77, you and Huskee made me more comfortable ponying up. Now can one of you explain it to my wife?
                  PBCDad, the explanation will be all the outrageously good cooks you have using your new precision tool! And you could also point out that you are keeping the family safe by accurately measuring food temps... "I did it for you and the kids, Dear"

Funny you should mention the falling asleep thing. I did the very same thing myself. I Woke up this morning with the thermoworks web page still on my phone browser. After reading Huskee's post I went and took the plunge myself. Got a purple one, for my favorite team, the Baltimore Ravens!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here