Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I keep my Maverick probe wire from wrapping around my rotisserie? (humor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I keep my Maverick probe wire from wrapping around my rotisserie? (humor)

Should the rotisserie rotate only 180 degrees in alternating directions?

(Yes, I'm trolling....)

Just zip tie the receiver unit to the rotisserie and it should be all good... It is a Maverick and it can handle the heat. Seems legit anyway...

Oddly enough though and joking aside... Maverick does have a Rotisserie Thermometer ET-75 and according to Amazon there is only one left for $69.99..... unless I decide to buy it lol...

Online Shopping for Kitchen Utensils & Gadgets from a great selection at everyday low prices. Free 2-day Shipping with Amazon Prime.

Comment

All in good fun😊.

Originally posted by TwoWheeler View Post

(Yes, I'm trolling....)

Click image for larger version

Name:	107320-full.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	155016

a troll (/ˈtroÊŠl/, /ˈtrÉ’l/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional responseor of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement.

That from wiki. 😊😊😊😊😊😊
      Last edited by Jon Solberg; April 8, 2016, 05:17 AM.

Comment

• Darchie03
        Darchie03 commented
        Editing a comment
        Do not be try to starve us, that would be unkind

Originally posted by Jon Solberg View Post
      All in good fun😊.
      I was going to let it go and see if anyone believed me.

(Kind of like the April Fools post I did over at Reddit /r/BBQ where I asked about using pressure treated deck scraps for smoking....)

Comment

I was going to let it go and see if anyone believed me.

(Kind of like the April Fools post I did over at Reddit /r/BBQ where I asked about using pressure treated deck scraps for smoking....)
        Oooh, I loves the smell of Micronized Copper Azole Preservative in the morning!!

Comment

You just need a really long cord. Like the old telephone cords. I believe BBQBS.com sells them

Comment

If you think about how the earth rotates every 24 hrs, if you cook low & slow enough there's really no need for a rotisserie, right? Or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
              If you think about how the earth rotates every 24 hrs, if you cook low & slow enough there's really no need for a rotisserie, right? Or something like that.

Speaking of the earth rotation

Comment

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                That is real interesting. Never thought about that.

• MBMorgan
                MBMorgan commented
                Editing a comment
                And this is precisely why rotisseries in the southern hemisphere always rotate in the opposite direction from northern hemisphere rotisseries ...

• Fine Swine
                Fine Swine commented
                Editing a comment
                Same thing happens when you flush a toilet. Clockwise in North and counter clockwise way down Yonder.🤔

Huskee but that means we need to develop the grill the levitates.

Comment

Originally posted by billg71 View Post

Oooh, I loves the smell of Micronized Copper Azole Preservative in the morning!!
                How about composite decking? Any particular foods that it goes well with?

Comment

• MBMorgan
                  MBMorgan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Spam ... and of course Vienna sausage ...

I LOVE the rotisserie!!!!!! I may just try attaching the Maverick receiver to the spit handle. With the remote receiver too, I won't even need to stop the rotation in order to read the temp...

Comment

It'd be good to have docblonder weigh in here to confirm my opinion (it's been a while since I took physics), but the shooting demo above has nothing to do with the Coriolis effect. That effect is a "left/right" (more accurately, north/south) appearing phenomenon, not an "up/down". To be even more picky, it's core--ee--OH--liss, not core--ee--ALL--liss.

@Mbmorgan--I LOVE the rotisserie/hemisphere comment!
                  Last edited by Willy; April 8, 2016, 04:31 PM.

Comment

How about composite decking? Any particular foods that it goes well with?
                    Nah, I only cook with wood!

Now some prefer the flavor from smoking with Alkaline Copper Quartenary wood but I find it a little strong and pretentious. But to each his own.

I do have a small stash of the old arsenic treated stuff I bring out for special occasions like a Wagyu brisket. Mmm, mmm.
                    Last edited by billg71; April 8, 2016, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
                      It'd be good to have Doc Blonder weigh in here to confirm my opinion (it's been a while since I took physics), but the shooting demo above has nothing to do with the Coriolis effect. That effect is a "left/right" (more accurately, north/south) appearing phenomenon, not an "up/down". To be even more picky, it's core--ee--OH--liss, not core--ee--ALL--liss.

@Mbmorgan--I LOVE the rotisserie/hemisphere comment!
                      Actually, the coriolis (your pronunciation is correct) effect really does introduce an up/down error when shooting true West/East and a left/right error when shooting true North/South ... all of which are pretty easy to calculate. It gets just a little tougher when you're trying to compute the compound coriolis error when shooting any direction but true North, South, East, or West. Note that the direction has to be true ... not magnetic because the earth's true and magnetic poles are not co-located. FWIW, even though I am a career geophysicist (recently retired) who supposedly knows these sorts of things to be true, on my first trip to Australia I just had to fill a wash basin, let it stabilize for quite a long time, then watch it drain counter-clockwise ... magical!

Comment

• Willy
                        Willy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hate to show ignorance, but the up/down effect described due the the earth rotating and getting "higher" or "lower" in the time of flight seems not to be Coriolis to me. I need to read more, I guess.

Tip Your Grill on End and ride your 2-wheeler arround it with your Temp Control in hand?
                      Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here