Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick ET-733

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick ET-733

Can't wait to try out this new bad boy.

This should compliment my thermapen really well.

Do you guys bother with these for smaller cuts of meat? I usually go by feel but I'm feeling that I need to keep improving and refining my finish temps...
    Attached Files

I just use the Thermapen and other hand helds for smaller cuts. Though there is nothing wrong with a probe in a chicken breast.

Comment

I have a hard time determining temps with smaller cuts, I'm working on it though!

Comment

I use them for everything except wings and ribs. Burgers, steaks, chops, chicken breasts etc, yessir.

Comment

I use my Thermapen much, much more than I do my iGrill2, a Maverick competitor. The iGrill2 replaced my Maverick when it died.

Here's to great cooks and even better memories with family and friends!

Comment

I have 8 of them (4 still in box) and I used them every cook. I'm either monitoring the meat or the grate temp or both.

Comment

Im a newb but I use a Mav 733 and a cheap Instant read(Lavatools.Dont judge me)..I have been happy with both threw around a half a dozen cooks(reverse sear steak,reverse sear burgers ,Chicken drums,thighs and wings and about 8lb of Picnic roast for pulled pork..I use both probes of the 733 for all of them even the wings give or take.

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
                I have 8 of them (4 still in box) and I used them every cook. I'm either monitoring the meat or the grate temp or both.
                #MyHero

Comment

There's a special deal floating around. Might as well get a spare one or 7 like DWCowles

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here