Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermoworks Thermapen Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermoworks Thermapen Customer Service

Somehow I got a crack in my 4 month old Thermapen MK4.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160306_182449.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	146117

I noticed it last night and have no idea how it happened. I haven't ever dropped it and I usually store it in a drawer where nothing could fall or put pressure on it.

This morning I sent an email to thermoworks around 8 am and told them the same thing to see if it was covered under warranty. Within 2 hours, which I only assume took that long because they are in Utah, I got the following response:

Josh,
    I am sorry to hear that your Thermapen has a crack in the display. I would be happy to get a replacement tested and shipped out to you this afternoon. I will include a return shipping label to get your Thermapen back here. If you can replay with the serial number for your Thermapen. If there is anything else that I can help you with please let me know.

Right after that email I got another one with a shipping notice. Just wanted to write about my great experience and let anyone know that if they were on the fence about getting a Thermapen that you didn't have to worry about Tech Support or Warranty issues.

I have witnessed the same thing after telling them I was fine sending mine in for them to check it out.

P.S. I keep that safety sleeve on mine, the problem was internal.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; March 7, 2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I on the other hand didn't get that great service from them. I had a 1 year old thermapen that the battery died in. I had never opened the case until that point. I bought a new battery and took the old one out and put the new one in and closed it back up. I lifted the probe to activate it and it wouldn't turn on.

I called Thermaworks and explained my problem and they said mail it to us and we will inspect it for you. I mailed it and waited for their reply by E-mail. After a week I had heard nothing so I called them. They said your thermapen is corroded on the inside wiring and is unfixable. Remember the case had never been opened before that point.

Then they asked me if I wanted to buy a new one I said yes. They asked me if I wanted the old one returned and I said yes please. I received the new one in the mail in three days but they never returned the old damaged one.

You and I had much different experiences with them. I love their product but their service was lacking in my case.😏

Comment

• josht138
        josht138 commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting. Did you ever get a justification why your old one wasn't returned?

I only have one data point now but I was really happy with how quick and painless it was.

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        No... Never bothered to call them about the fact they never returned it. I could probably find the E-mail regarding that whole event if I wanted to hold them to it but why bother the thing didn't work anymore.

• josht138
        josht138 commented
        Editing a comment
        Never hurts to ask for something, worst they say is no. You never know they might be under new management or something. A broken Thermapen still has value especially to them with refurbishment.

I have never had any problems with the two that i have only had to replace battery once.

Comment

My dealing with them has been awesome:

Comment

Great to hear!

Comment

I just bought two chef alarms from them, open box $40. And I am glad to hear their customer service is that good. Thanks for the info!!

Comment

I just bought an MK4 last week and was expecting a free thermopop with it. When the order was emailed to me I did not see the thermopop. Called to ask why they said that promotion ended Feb 29th but they were going to send me one anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jharner View Post
                I just bought an MK4 last week and was expecting a free thermopop with it. When the order was emailed to me I did not see the thermopop. Called to ask why they said that promotion ended Feb 29th but they were going to send me one anyway.
                Had the same thing happen when I bought my Thermapen, they had a deal where you got a free silicon-head spatula. My Thermapen came, no spatula. Emailed them and they sent me one out immediately... problem is that it was a 'spoonula'. Not that I want to complain about a freebie, but I really wanted the spatula. They sent me a replacement spatula and told me to keep the spoonula for my trouble.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  More of a "complimentarie" than a "freebie"

Any bacon left???

• jholmgren
                  jholmgren commented
                  Editing a comment
                  True... and my labrador ended up chewing up the spatula anyway <shrug>

3 lbs of bacon left in the freezer. Giving away 2 lbs of it this weekend to a friend who's been sick.

My experience with thier customer service/tech support has been a very good one! Josh helped me with a technical issue with my Bluetherm Duo. We finally figured out what the glitch was and now it works great with my PC, I just wish the bluetooth had a bit more range but I can live with it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here