Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick probe fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick probe fail

Has anyone had problems with their probes failing, I used them a couple days ago, wiped them off with moist paper towel soaked with whiskey. I went to use them and one had a code of LLL. I looked in the paperwork and it said internal short. I never submerged it in water nor did I over saturate it with alcohol. I actually gave it a quick wipe. I plan on sending the probes back to Maverick as they are still under warranty. I realized that a back up pair of probes is a very good investment for crisis like this one.

Did you check that the probes were inserted all the way, cleanly? I think I've gotten both LLL and HHH when that was the problem.

Comment

• charchamp
      charchamp commented
      Editing a comment
      I will look for debris in sending unit. I read in the manual to check them to make sure they are in all the way. I am also going to try Marauderer suggestion and bake them.
      I did get one to work last night

Maybe they were just drunk and couldn't respond. Just a funny as you cleaned them with whiskey. As Burn said plus there have been several posts dealing with this problem. Dave, the Pit Boss here, had prblems with his. he put the probs and wiring in the oven for 15-? minutes and baked them and they came back. Let us know what you find as I have two mavericks and it looks like it is only a matter of time till I have a problem.

Barry

Comment

I have that problem from time to time, too. My solution? Keep a backup set handy. The ones you can order from the link on the main site have 6ft cables and seem to stand up a bit better. As best I can tell, the cables are prone to being pinched so it might help if you can make a good place for them to exit your rig with less chance of damage.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Bookmarking as we speak

• Marauderer
        Marauderer commented
        Editing a comment
        Put it on my wish list!!

• charchamp
        charchamp commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you for the heads up, good price

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here