Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cordless leave in meat thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cordless leave in meat thermometer

Has there been any new news on the cordless leave in meat thermometers that were discussed here a couple of months back. I do not recall what it was called but I remember it was just a probe you stuck in the meet and it had no cables what so ever. I can't seem to find anything more about it.

Thanks

there was a kickstarter campain for the Meater... They raised over 1.2M ... pretty cool.

Comment

Pretty nifty. Sure gonna miss drilling holes in pits.

Comment

Not sure how well those wireless RF probes are going to work in an all-metal cooker that is effectively a Faraday cage. You might need to keep drilling those holes, Jerod ... to let the electromagnetic waves out. Might be a good idea to wear a tinfoil hat while cooking for protection, too ...

Comment

Just wondering if there has been any real world testing yet?

Comment

Personally I don't think it will get off the ground

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
              Powersmoke_80 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hope it does as they received 10 times more orders than anticipated so that changed some of the manufacturing and July is the month for approximate shipping with fingers crossed.
              You can't say you would't like to not have to screw around with wires.

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes I would like to have it but I'm waiting for the reviews

I think we should use these at our annual "PBC Cooking Competition."

It already has holes on the sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbmorgan View Post
              Jerod ... Might be a good idea to wear a tinfoil hat while cooking for protection, too ...
              He's ready!

Last edited by Jon Solberg; February 16, 2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

too

Comment

They did some re-design to incorporate their preferred battery (apparently it would not be available for this product, but that changed). They are I. Prod testing and manufacturability, if I recall.

Latest is 1st shipments in the June/July timeframe.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here