Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick 732 BBQ probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick 732 BBQ probe

Hey everyone,
    So over the weekend I was doing a rib cook on my new PBC. I got everything started with no problems got past the initial temp spike, thought I was at a cruising temp, so I went to the store. I was gone about 25 minutes or so, and when i got back my temp had risen to about 380!!! I found that I not properly closed the lid all the way on PBC which would explain the temp spike, however I started noticing problems with my small "BBQ Probe". I started using the meat probe as a back up when the BBQ probe seemed to not drop the temp correctly after leaving the lid off the PBC for about 3/5 minutes. During the cook after I got my temp what seemed to be under control the BBQ probe was reading about 180 while my meat probe was reading about 215. So today I boiled some water and tested them both. The meat probe would quickly rise to 212 and quickly fall once removed from boiling water. The BBQ probe took a long time to get up to 208, but never 212, and again a long time fall back to room temp. I guess I'm in need of a new BBQ probe. Or do you guys think I'm better off just getting another meat probe??
    Thanks,
    Matt

I use the same probes for meat and BBQ.

Comment

Maverick has combo Meat/BBQ probes now. They came with my Maverick ET-733.

Comment

I have two 6' hybrid probes rolling with mine. Got 'em last August.

Comment

I think the probes are interchangeable. The only diff was one was pointy. But the new probes are better.

Comment

I have 2 733 probes and I have tested them in boiling water and with room temperature water. I was concerned that the different probes would give different readings, but when testing, I learned that it had more to do with which port I was plugging the probe into. I've noticed that one port runs about 3-5 degrees hotter than when I measure temperature with my Thermapen and the other runs about 0-2 degrees hotter.

Comment

• mhkesler84
              mhkesler84 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll have to test that out later, thanks!!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here