Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick 732 and the Smoke Vault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick 732 and the Smoke Vault

I just got the Maverick 732 Redicheck as a gift today (someone must like my cookin.) I plan on running the probes through the top vent as the wires are pretty long. However, if I hang the unit on the left or right smoker handle I'm wondering if it will be too close to the smoker and be subject to heat damage. Anyone else using the same setup or similar that worked out?

There was a fairly large discussion on this earlier ( new to the sight and not up to speed on searching previous threads ) I have a Weber 22.5 and a maverick 735. I have laid the wires under the lid with no problem and usually use a tv try type table by the grill. There were many options and ideas posted earlier some went through the vents, some were going under the lid like me and some were drilling holes just above the grate for entry.

Comment

Thanks. I saw that one. I'm curious if there was anyone who hung the temp unit on the handle and it worked. I'd prefer to not drill into the side of the smoker but will if I have to. Thanks again. I have a Smoke Vault and it's a tall smoker, hence the hanging idea.

Comment

There are probes available with 6 foot wires for the 732 & 735. I changed mine out on 2 units a couple of months ago. That may get the sending unit away from your cooker. Probes with 3 foot wires are what comes with the unit new.

Comment

I do exactly what you are suggesting by hanging the transmitter on the handle. No problems at all up to 300.

Comment

Thank you all. That's what I was looking for. Now all I need is some warmer weather......

Comment

I did this on my Smoke Vault, though I ran the cables through one of the side vents, and it was fine. I also, decided to order longer cables, though!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here