Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review link for Maverick ET-732 wireless thermometer points to a Grill Grate brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review link for Maverick ET-732 wireless thermometer points to a Grill Grate brand

After smoking a pork butt for 12 hours yesterday I decided it is time to upgrade my Pyrex thermometer to The Maverick. The link under the review points to a brand called Grill Grate. I am holding off on ordering to see if this is the same device. Is the Maverick the same as Grill Grate?
    Amazon.com : Grill Grate ET732 bbq smoker meat thermometer with Original Magnet : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Looks good. "ET-732 or ET732" is what you need.

Comment

Near the bottom of the web page is an ad for a Maverick and is labeled Redi Chek
      Amazon.com : Maverick ET-732 Wireless Bbq Thermometer Burgundy : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Comment

Has anyone used these at a competition? Are the frequencies adjustable? Can someone else's transmitter be picked up if Your are walking around an event?

Comment

I have (2) ET-732 and (2) ET-733 Maverick thermometers. I have no problem using them at the same time. As you start them up one at a time, you sync the probes with each thermometer. There is no interference with having more than one running at once. As far as the GrillGrate branded one you were looking at, I'm sure it's a Maverick. I see many manufacturers re-brand them as their own. "Traeger" is an example.

Comment

thanks oldsteve. I try to support the cause and make a purchase using a provided link. I am also ordering the ThermoPop thermometer as a gift. For a couple bucks more the rotating top and back lit display is nice.

Comment

oldsteve, Which do you prefer, the et-732 or the et-733. I am thinking the extra features of the 733 might be worthwhile at times. Thanks.
              Last edited by SaturdayShoppe; November 17, 2015, 11:59 AM.

Comment

I like the ET-733 better for one reason...It lets you go back or forth while setting the temperature in case you overshoot your target temp. My ET-732's don't. You have to go all the way around to reset them. I don't know if they changed this on newer model ET-732's, as mine are approximately 1-1/2 years old. Some of the members that have newer ones should chime in and let you know. As far as the pre-programmed meat temperatures on the ET-733, I guess it would be helpful if you were cooking your first Moose and didn't know what well done was!

Comment

I was hoping You were going to say the ET-733! That is what I decided on today and placed the order through Amazon via the review link. Thanks for the reply.
                  The ET-733 Redi-Check is a dual-probe transmitter/receiver designed for food and oven monitoring from a remote location.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here