Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard Spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard Spark

Received my new Spark from Fireboard. Have not used it for a cooking session, but plan to do so soon. It's about the size of a Thermopen, but twice the thickness. Has an anodized aluminum frame, a large display that rotates in all 4 directions, and magnets to retain it on a grill. Rechargeable batteries with USB-C connector. Can be used as a simple instant read thermometer or with a plug in probe to add another channel to work with the Fireboard app. For those that use a Fireboard, you'll likely love this. Also comes with a 90 day trial for Amazing Ribs and a certificate showing its accuracy. At $149 I think it's a good value.

For my use, it's overpriced... but then again for my use it's over featured. I hope they make a "dumber" version in the future. I'm not opposed to Thermoworks, but I like having quality options. I do however love my Fireboard2 Pro, but I also don't use that to its full potential. I only got it 'cause the K probes which my MAK already uses. I paid extra to simplify my probe storage and for the high temp.

Comment

If you already own a Fireboard, it seems a bit like overkill.

However, it is a much cheaper option to get a useful tool and access to the Fireboard analytics app than the $250 usual device. It could be immensely valuable to anyone who, like me, mainly wants the data capabilities of the app.

At least, that is my initial impression. Am I missing something?

It seems like a fantastic idea. However, it heavily undercuts the need for the $250 Fireboard unless you are pairing it with a fan.
      Last edited by STEbbq; December 14, 2021, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        If I didn’t already have the FB2 and all the probes, this would be a great upgrade compared to the Thermapen.

I see it as $50 more than the Thermoworks with a lot more capabilities. But I like gadgets. One nice feature is using to monitor all your other probes independently of a phone.

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent point.

If you have a Fireboard that’s why you want it, mine gets here Thursday. It’s taken 2 years of having a Firboard and a Thermopen to get my to use something other than the absolutely safely overcooked time. I’ll gladly figure out how to use everything else it can do beyond being a temp probe.

Comment

Comment

Got mine today, size wise it’s a doulble thick thermapen, it’s hefty and the red part is anodized aluminum. There’s a magnet on one end and the sides taper in about 45 degrees so is sits on its side nicely.

I’m thinking it’s going to be handy when I grilling multiple things, steaks, chicken ect. I can put a probe in one and then check the others before I pull them and it’s all saved to the cloud.

OK, really it was the cheapest BBQ toy I thought I might want for Christmas.

Comment

My wife noticed something interesting about the Spark this afternoon. It stays with the other thermometers on the side of the microwave, it’s the only metal surface that keeps things close by and out of the way.

Anyhoo, when I turned on the Fireboard the Spark started displaying names and temps of all the Fireboard inputs I was using. I plugged in a probe and stuck it a potato in the ove and it stopped reading the other temps and just read the probe that was plugged into it.

Comment

Pending
              Last edited by BBQPhil; January 5, 2022, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here