Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermoworks Signals Connectivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermoworks Signals Connectivity

I just purchased a Thermoworks Signals thermometer, along with a new Weber kettle. Did a test run on the Kettle and tried using the Thermoworks to monitor the grill temp, but was not able to get the unit to connect to Wi-Fi. The unit connected to my phones Bluetooth, but did not connect to my Wi-Fi network. I have a dual-band eero mesh network, and I did disable the 5GHZ band while trying to connect the Signals to the 2.4 GHz band, but was not able to connect. The Bluetooth connection by itself is not really useful as the range is limited

I just switched from a pellet grill to the Kettle, so it’s super important for me to make sure that I can easily monitor the Pitt temp as I learn to manage the Kettle, so really concerned about not being able to connect the Signals to Wi-Fi.

Curious if anyone has had similar issues and what the general experience is with the Signals system.

I will be calling their customer service which I’m sure will be helpful, but really need a reliable and trouble free system.
    Last edited by sigaris; December 13, 2021, 12:12 AM.

I generally have not had difficulty connecting to my wifi with the signals. That part mostly works. However, recently I have noticed that it will drop the wifi connection and will require me to re-enter the credentials from the beginning. Not sure exactly when this started but it was recent. Haven't looked into it too deeply, but an uneducated guess is a buggy recent software update. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Thermoworks service is pretty good, may be worth a contact.

Comment

Contact Thermoworks Support. I had similar issues many months ago. There is a way to reset that basically is a reboot that will check for firmware updates as well. I can't remember the button sequence and, of course, did not take any notes. I know many WiFi devices do not handle multi-band even when you disable the 5G. I had to setup a specific 2.4G on my router to get connectivity for those (My MAK is one of those).

Comment

I too recommend calling Thermoworks - I usually end up talking with a real live person within a couple of minutes, and they are always helpful. I imagine you will want to do it while home with the Signals in front of you, and the phone app.

You may want to try the setup with the Signals in the house, before taking it out to the grill. You ought to be able to run through connecting it to Wifi without probes or anything attached.

Comment

• sigaris
          sigaris commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, Yes, I did call them this morning and they will be replacing the unit. And, yes, I tried multiple times connecting inside the house right next to the router, but no dice. Seems strange that it shouldn't work.

Here is a link to a troubleshooting page. https://help.thermoworks.com/knowled...oting-signals/ If nothing there works, I'd definitely call them for help.

Comment

• sigaris
          sigaris commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you

I have the Signals and have also experienced issues with the wifi connectivity. One time I experienced the same issue gboss described, more often though, I experience loss of both bluetooth and wifi. It seems you have to reconnect the bluetooth before you can reconnect the wifi. It is frustrating for sure. I know I should call Thermoworks, but I just haven't done it. I suspect the next time it gives me grief, I'll cave and give them a call.

Comment

• sigaris
          sigaris commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I called them this morning and they'll be sending me a replacement.

Ok, I did call them this morning, and spoke to someone right away. They said they were going to take a new unit and test it and make sure it's connecting and staying connected and then send it to me and I return the one that I have. That's great service. I just hope the new one doesn't fail me during one of my cooks.

Comment

• grantgallagher
          grantgallagher commented
          Editing a comment
          Ive never had any problems and i also run a mesh network with the google hubs so hopefully the new unit solves your problems.

That is frustrating.
        Hopefully, customer service will help.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here