Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ThermoWorks Smoke Thermometer….Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ThermoWorks Smoke Thermometer….Question

I really like my ThermoWorks Smoke dual probe thermometer, but something kinda bugs me. Is there any way to stop the "noP" warning (short for no probe) from continually blinking on and off? When you aren’t using one of the probes, it continuously blinks on the remote module. Not a big deal, but I was wondering if there’s any way to turn off the blinking noP? Also, is there any way to turn off the half of the screen that’s not being used? Example: I’m cooking ribs right now and I’m not using the meat probe, only the grate probe. Is there any way to turn off the top half of the screen for the meat probe? (on the base). Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	91859D40-A9B2-4BC7-B3FB-215ED1D7BC4B.jpeg
Views:	283
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1137052

I'm gonna say "no" to both, without reading the instructions.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s my guess too. It’s not mentioned anywhere in the manual about this.

If’n ya ask me, & you’ll probably be sorry ya did, lay off the drugs that keep ya fixatin on watchin yer thingies there. If ya look at sumthin else it won’t bother ya. Then again maybe the hum’ll just draw ya back to lookin. It’s a jungle out there.
    PS. I really like my Smoke too, er to, er also.
    Last edited by FireMan; December 4, 2021, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Wow I have one of these and never paid it any attention. Thanks @PanHeadJohn, now I'll see it every time I use it

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        That was my intent! 😂

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Great, now we’ll have two of ya watchin.

My suggestion is to develop and market your own new line of limited edition PJ Smoke Shutter brand display cover, based on 3M electrical tape technology.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        What you never heard of Duct tape?

• gboss
        gboss commented
        Editing a comment
        bbqLuv you may have heard of that, but you'd be wrong. Panhead John products are only of the highest quality. That is obviously not a duck or a duct, so that's the tape that inferior brands might use. Top quality brands like PJ Smoke Shutter know that this is an electric. A tape for an electric must be used. That's the PJ difference.

I haven’t found a way. I just tap the remote button to stop the alarm (which goes off each time I start it up) and just ignore the blinking. I’d love to know if there’s a way.

Comment

my smoke only blinks noP when I look at it

Comment

Super easy to fix the top half so it doesn't blink. In fact, I'm shocked you haven't thought of it. Shocked.

Option 1: Remove probe from plug in port on bottom half. Re-plug in port for top half. Problem solved - no more blinky top.

Option 2: Duct tape top section of display. Once again - problem solved!

If you have have further complex queries, I am ever at your service, sir.

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Brilliant! Wow!…..You must be an MIT graduate I presume?
            Last edited by Panhead John; December 4, 2021, 06:48 PM.

• Caffeine88
            Caffeine88 commented
            Editing a comment
            How did you guess? I try to keep my brilliance from shining through too brilliantly.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            You’re doing a damn good job of it sir. 😂

Plug it in! Plug it in! The probe, that is. just let it hang out...literally!

Comment

Close one eye.

Comment

Painter's Tape. It's easy to remove when you actually use the probe. Besides, it is bright and colorful.

Comment

Simple solution. Get the Smoke Gateway and connect it. Then only look at your temperatures on your phone. No more blinkie.

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Joey. I took a look at it and figured my "problem" wasn’t worth $100. Also, some of the reviews weren’t exactly kind to the actual functioning abilities. Glad yours works good though.

• Joey877
                  Joey877 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hmm, maybe I should have read some reviews first. I have had mine for probably around a year and have had no issues. I always had issues with the included remote losing the signal, but since moving to the gateway have had no issues at all.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here