Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This should spark some interest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This should spark some interest.

It is nice to see them coming out with an entry level product. I know it is tough for some to go all in with their normal Fireboard 2. I have their original fire board and fan and love it. This Spark seems pretty versatile, but for now I don't see much value add to my kitchen. I think I will stick with my trusty Thermapens unless some reviews come out that it is so much better, and it is a must have.

Comment

That's pretty cool ..... If I didn't already have a Fireboard 2, 8 probes, a FB Drive, FB Fan, and 2 Thermapen Mk IV, I would put this on my list.

Comment

I watched the announcement on Facebook. I like that you can add the Spark to your FireBoard account and when you are using it while using your FireBoard, the instant read temps will show up on the graph of your cook. Also like that you can plug a probe into the Spark and have it act as a though it was plugged into your Fireboard if you needed another food or ambient probe. However, I already have 2 Thermapen MK4 so I don't need another instant read. If one of the MK4's goes, I'd consider this along with a Thermapen One.

Comment

Hmmm I like the look, the idea of having an instant read that can also use a single probe from the fireboard is interesting too. Unfortunately, the only time that would make sense for me is if I had something on the smoker and something in the oven I think. But as a standalone single probe fireboard, the value is there. Just not there for people who already own the full size product IMO.

Comment

The other interesting (to me, anyway) item they announced today is their probe sleeves. They're stackable and, to me, a better idea than the probe spools I've seen elsewhere.

Comment

• kjbarth
              kjbarth commented
              Editing a comment
              They just announced the sleeves today on the Facebook presentation but said they are not available yet due to them being stuck on a container ship off Long Beach, CA. They said maybe 3 - 4 weeks but also maybe 5 - 7 weeks before they get delivered to FireBoard and they can put them up on their website.

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              kjbarth got it, thanks

• kenrobin
              kenrobin commented
              Editing a comment
              I received an email from them this morning about the sleeves. I like that they are made from silicone & can be cleaned in the dishwasher.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here