Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Testing Thermoworks Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing Thermoworks Customer Service

As some of you know I recently ran a ThremoPen thru the washer. (aka Mr. Hand fzxdoc )

After a couple of days in rice it worked good for a cook then it started throwing some crazy error codes.

Wanting to make some lemonade out of this I figured I'd test out ThermWorks Customer Service.

I spoke with the folks there. Their sending me an email to get in back in there hands. 25.00 flat rate to look it over.

Watch this space for updates.

edit: While I was on the site I thought I should get a Mk4 to test as well. hehehehehehe

Stand by for that soon as well.
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 23, 2015, 10:18 AM.

I had a very positive experience with them. My high temp unit probes were malfunctioning. They paid for me to ship it to them, they fixed it, and shipped it back. No charge, even though they thought the reason for the malfunction was that they were pulled on too hard (which could have happened when the unit fell off the table and dangled by the probes which were in the pit). So high marks from me.

Comment

They sent me a replacement ChefTemp when mine arrived DOA, all they wanted was a picture of the display showing wacky readings. Turns out the probe was bad so I have two ChefTemps now... although only one good probe.

Comment

Well it took a bit but my well washed pen is on the way home. They had to replace the case. Tech support called me. They were out of red "what color you want" I said you pick it. They said "pink" I said ship it! I'm good with it.

25.00 bucks and its on the way.

Great folks to work with. Great communication. I'll post a pic of the NEW old pink pen as soon as it arrives.

Not to mention its a a great month to be sporting a pink pen and a good reminder for me for the rest of the year!

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Jon Solberg I like the pink it's easy to to find

Girls love my pink Thermopop, when my guy friends mention it they develop a small but presumably painful puncture around the arm or thigh. Strange reaction.

Comment

They shipped me an incorrect probe for my Dot. I emailed them an asked them how to send back the incorrect probe and get the correct probe. They emailed me back and told me to keep the incorrect probe and they sent out the correct probe next day air. No questions asked. Great company!

Comment

Case closed:

Got to love it!

Last edited by Jon Solberg; October 20, 2015, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              Now you're back in business Jon Solberg

• Jon Solberg
              Jon Solberg commented
              Editing a comment
              DWCowles ,

I actually grabed a Mk4 so I'm in biz x3. One for each crib now. : )

And one in my travel cook bag.... maybe its a cry for help..... : (
              Last edited by Jon Solberg; October 20, 2015, 08:12 PM.

I'd do pink or purple. Or the flames one.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
              Jon Solberg commented
              Editing a comment
              That is the pink one. Looks kinda purple dont it

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              I also have a pink Thermapen it's easy to find 😊

When I did my very first battery change I bought a battery change... Was the first time I opened the case.

When I installed the new batteries, closed the case and opened the probe, it didn't work.

I played with it, opened the circular window, messed with the 4 switches a few times. Got another Thermapen from a neighbor, copied the setup of a working Thermapen and got nothing.

I called Thermo Works they said send it back to us and we will inspect it.

They told me that the interior was rusted on the inside components and it was unfixable.

Hmmm... How did the inside rust when I had never opened it?

They asked if I wanted them to keep it to recycle it or send it back to me?

I said send it back!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here