Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing... The MEATER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had my iDevices iGrill2 for a few months now and can see the pull towards zero wires. Just seems expensive to me?

Comment

I'm coming late to this party but when there is a party I'm in. : )

Comment

Stretch goal 3 was reached for Meater Cloud Reward!

Comment

I am with Spinaker and DWCowles -- electronics do not like high heat usually, it is a great idea... but I am in a wait-and-see mode with this thing.

Comment

• Munch
            Munch commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking the same thing. If the electronics were housed in the end like a Thermopop, they wouldn't need that six penny nail size probe.

• Yelnoc
            Yelnoc commented
            Editing a comment
            posted before but don't need it for high heat - its either very rare for me on a short cook or longer with lower....

Originally posted by smarkley View Post
          I am with Spinaker and DWCowles -- electronics do not like high heat usually, it is a great idea... but I am in a wait-and-see mode with this thing.
          Their FAQs address this. They went through what sounds like exhaustive preparation finding heat tolerant materials, knowing what kind of temperatures this would be subjected to.

And putting the electronics in the end would actually be worse given both options, considering the probe is largely buried in cooler meat whereas the end is in the hot grill environment.

These guys appear to be grill afficianados, and it appears they've done their homework. Real world use will tell. I worry about the stated 1-yr warranty. There are those of us who don't use our grill once a week, but 5 times a week. Will the probes make it much past one or two years of heavy use?

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Like I said I will wait for the reviews 😎

Wow - this thing is really taking off. They've hit their 3rd "Stretch Goal" within 2 weeks of the start of funding. They've raised $280,000 already.

Comment

Even the last one at 325.000 was reached, but they seem reluctant to create new goals. Having already covered even Smart Watches, I guess we can't fault them for not coming up with ever more complicated solutions. I kind of loke the attitude.

Comment

I hate you guys... just spent a bunch on new toys, now I'm going to go drop more on more toys.

Comment

• Valsacar
                Valsacar commented
                Editing a comment
                Backer #3000

Originally posted by johnsteen View Post
              Just pledged for the 4 prob set. Got the Carson rotisserie off the Kick start from a while back. Have not opened it as yet because I have been working on my outdoor kitchen. Between weather, suppliers, and subcontractors it is taking much longer to do. Will post when it is finished and have opened the new toys.
              \

I just pledged one and got my Carson too. Still need to play with it... have had no time. I just backed the carson for a new basket.

For those wanting a carson - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...n-rodizio-kit/

Comment

Alright... I guess... Ill get one... If you are going to twist my arm...

Comment

last day for this, I also got the 4 piece set. Was looking to get iGrill2 lately since I havent been happy with my Mavericks, but going with Meater instead.

Comment

Really looking forward to getting these. Hope they live up to my expectations!

Comment

I bought in - "pledged" for the block with 2 probes since I wanted wi-fi.....if this works as advertised then it will be tremendous, especially the cloud app - I'm often at my fry-cook job when I am smoking something at home. The ambient temperature feature will be great also. We'll see.
                      Last edited by Yelnoc; October 21, 2015, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Very impressed with communication so far! I have participated in other starters that communication was very lax. Cant wait!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here