Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing... The MEATER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koy Schoppe
    commented on 's reply
    They actually said that you could take them up to 527 degrees, and then later said that was a "safe" number with a buffer of 150 degrees applied to it..... But I would be nervous doing it.

• CurlingDog
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee, the tech exists for extreme temp boards, at both ends of the spectrum with conformal coatings (Epoxy, typically) to prevent shorts from leaks. I'd like to see them conduct tests on extreme temperature swings... lets say from 900 degrees to being dunked in a subzero bath repeatedly to find out how many cycles occur before they break.

• jholmgren
    replied
    DAMMIT.... I can not resist any kitchen gadget with BlueTooth and/or WiFi. <grumble> I'm in for the 4 probe set with the block. Curse you CurlingDog !!!

Leave a comment:

• OGMrWhite
    replied
    This will be fun to watch. I'll wait until the bugs get worked out. What I love is that there are no wires to worry about when you want to flip the meat. Obviously no searing with these in.

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    replied
    No probe wires to go bad. I'm in!

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    I was thinking the same thing Huskee

• Huskee
    replied
    If it performs as advertised then I am VERY impressed. What sold me was the ambient sensor built into each probe. Rock on, Meater team. I just worry exactly how long those little mother boards will hold up being subjected to temp extremes so often. I predict 3 months of use then kapooey....hope I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, I finally read the whole page. interesting concept but Blutooth range is horrible. I wish they'd just do WiFi right out of the gate.

• Koy Schoppe
    commented on 's reply
    I thought it said it is blu tooth to the the phone/device for the App, and then your home WiFi if you get the block extender (which you can then check smoker temp via internet from anywhere, that is what interest me).

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Looks promising

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    Very interesting. BUT it doesn't specify the "wireless connection"

Never mind I found it.
    Last edited by Ernest; September 23, 2015, 10:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• johnsteen
    replied
    Just pledged for the 4 prob set. Got the Carson rotisserie off the Kick start from a while back. Have not opened it as yet because I have been working on my outdoor kitchen. Between weather, suppliers, and subcontractors it is taking much longer to do. Will post when it is finished and have opened the new toys.

Leave a comment:

• CurlingDog
    started a topic Introducing... The MEATER

Introducing... The MEATER

I've got to say... if this contraption lives up to it's claims, i will be a buyer.
    Apption Labs is raising funds for Meater: The First Truly Wireless Smart Meat Thermometer on Kickstarter! Meater is the only wire-free meat thermometer that will guarantee perfectly cooked meats every time you cook.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here
2024 Weber Contest