Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing... The MEATER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ DeSpain
    replied
    I predict come January-ish.... we'll have a spike in the Pit regarding comments about how the probe worked for us. Maybe more so from those us in more climate friendly weather.

Leave a comment:

• DJ DeSpain
    commented on 's reply
    I agree about the boards, I gambled on the external end encased in ceramic to help also cut down on the the high heat exposure.

• Huskee
    replied
    David Parrish I agree, thinking of doing the same. Every great invention needs investors...

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    If these work they're ingenious. Truly one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" kind of ideas. I backed them for 4 probes and a meater block.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    renting beer, love it!

• DJ DeSpain
    replied
    Arrrrrgh! I caved.... got the 4 with block. 373 out of 400 in the turkey special. Better hurry before the price goes up on the next level for the same 4 with block!

Leave a comment:

• JohnF
    replied
    Probe is 6mm, I'm in for a 4 pack and Block, I waste more than that renting Beer.
    Last edited by JohnF; September 24, 2015, 05:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jholmgren
    replied
    Looks a bit thinner than a pencil, so thicker than the wired probes?... yes Too thick?... I don't think so but that's just my opinion.

I just got an email about 2 hours ago. They are now fully funded through Kickstarter - took them less than 2 days to raise $100k+.

Yes, you'll need a 'modern' phone that can run an app. I assume they'll be like most and release apps for the Apple iOS devices and Android devices. Sadly, flip phones are probably not in-scope.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Perhaps Bill McGrath can get his hands on one when they're available and put it through its paces for us.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Bob
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Dan he was my best friend.

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    Papa Bob, I am a Techno-Saurous , I feel Your Pain, I love your Dog! Dan

Leave a comment:

• Papa Bob
    replied
    OK words from the old guy. the probe looks a little thick to me all you smart people I need help my phone is a little old ( 2 cans and a long string ) will it work for me or do you have to have a fancy phone with internet remember I am typing with 2 fingers and by the time I finish this little note it will be obsolete. I still don't know how to up load pictures on to my pc to put them on this site and with the problems I have been having with my Thermoworks probes with wires I am having trust issues. any and all help would be deeply appreciated. is Meathead going to rate this thing that would be interesting to see.

Leave a comment:

• jholmgren
    replied
    Lost in China - I've had some good results with Kickstarter... and I've had some "meh" results. In general I enjoy the process of funding 'the little guy' who had an idea and the ambition to get out there and give it a try.

If it was something that I would probably buy retail, I'm good with paying a little less for what might be a small gamble. I generally won't go more than $100 or so - and then it has to be something I really like. If it doesn't get funded... no harm. If it does and it's buggy - I've seen free replacement products or special deals on a v2.0 of the widget for backers, especially if it is really successful. Either way - if nobody stepped up and everyone waited for retail... it wouldn't get funded at all.

Leave a comment:

• Lost in China
    replied
    Kickstarter? No thanks. Just wait for the retail version to come out, there's no rush. If, as I suspect, it will be full of bugs, you'll have saved yourself a lot of money and trouble. If it's not and the reviews are good, you can still buy it at retail.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    CurlingDog the thought crossed my mind that they'd have utilized something like that. Glad to hear the tech's available.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here
2024 Weber Contest