Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing... The MEATER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    Like I said I will wait for the reviews 😎

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by smarkley View Post
    I am with Spinaker and DWCowles -- electronics do not like high heat usually, it is a great idea... but I am in a wait-and-see mode with this thing.
    Their FAQs address this. They went through what sounds like exhaustive preparation finding heat tolerant materials, knowing what kind of temperatures this would be subjected to.

And putting the electronics in the end would actually be worse given both options, considering the probe is largely buried in cooler meat whereas the end is in the hot grill environment.

These guys appear to be grill afficianados, and it appears they've done their homework. Real world use will tell. I worry about the stated 1-yr warranty. There are those of us who don't use our grill once a week, but 5 times a week. Will the probes make it much past one or two years of heavy use?

Leave a comment:

• Munch
    commented on 's reply
    I was thinking the same thing. If the electronics were housed in the end like a Thermopop, they wouldn't need that six penny nail size probe.

• smarkley
    replied
    I am with Spinaker and DWCowles -- electronics do not like high heat usually, it is a great idea... but I am in a wait-and-see mode with this thing.

Leave a comment:

• Powersmoke_80
    replied
    Stretch goal 3 was reached for Meater Cloud Reward!

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    I'm coming late to this party but when there is a party I'm in. : )

Leave a comment:

• cosmo
    replied
    I've had my iDevices iGrill2 for a few months now and can see the pull towards zero wires. Just seems expensive to me?

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    I just wonder if the internal will sweat and short out the board? I will just wait til it hits the market and read the reviews

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Very cool idea. I am in. My only concern is how they are going to stack up at higher temps after repeated use. And what if it gets dropped, etc. I with Jholmgren. I like to help the guy who is putting his neck out there and trying to invent something new. Better than what a lot of kids their age are concerned with.

Leave a comment:

• top_gun_de
    replied
    I really like the idea, but I hate the short range of bluetooth. Together with the meater block for Wifi-integration it does make lots of sense, though. I just ordered the block with 4 probes

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Powersmoke_80 sounds like a silly novelty. I want to see the meat on a long cook. Not watch a steak sizzle. Do a time lapse of ribs and butts doing their thing.

• Powersmoke_80
    commented on 's reply
    Since they can be submerged hopefully they will be easier to clean than trying not to get water in the cable

• Powersmoke_80
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee. Sorry Steven Raichlen already has a Griil-cam on his Barbeque U show.
    From his web site
    "Grill-Cam
    Our unique "grill-cam" is a television first - a camera built right into the grill to give you a sizzling, grate level view of grilling."
    The guys at work had it on at break a while back and seen it, kind of a joke and not a big fan of his shows though.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Powersmoke_80 There ya go, can't have too many. And neither can I (wink wink)

• Powersmoke_80
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee, LOL thats awful thoughtful of you but Ithink I can limp along with the igrill. But you never know, you can't have too many thermometers just in case.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here
2024 Weber Contest