Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ThermoPro TP-15 Instant Read Thermometer Is it a good one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murdy
    replied
    I have a Kizen, which is around the same price point, and have been happy with it as well.

Leave a comment:

• Planner47
    replied
    @stanw891 i have had this one for 6 months after my themoworks pop died and i realy like it, i check it every other cook by the ice water test and it reads 33,2 degrees every time.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Plus there’s a $2.00 off coupon on Amazon you can apply. $13.00? It’s a steal. ThermoPro makes good stuff. I can attest to that.

• Draznnl
    replied
    For $15, I'm thinking about getting one just to provide contrast in my drawer to the Mk4's.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Yep they are nice to have. Can't beat the price point either.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    For the price I think that is a really good way to go, especially with the good review on the free side of AR. Even if it only lasts a few years, its certainly worth $15. I use Thermoworks myself as my instant reads are used for brewing beer, and I need accuracy to within a degree. But if I was just using it for cooking, this $15 Thermopro seems like a good deal.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    replied
    Here is a review on AR about the ThermoPro. It earned a Platinum rating. I have the ThermoPro TP-19H and like it a lot. The temp times in both of these thermometers is about 3-4 seconds. Usually good enough for me. However, the ThermoWorks is the Gold standard around these parts. Their latest instant read has a time of about 1 second once inserted into the meat to give you the IT. But they’re also about $100. If the speed isn’t that big of a deal to you, I’d recommend the ThermoPro, can’t beat their price, especially for $15.

https://amazingribs.com/thermometers...t-read-review/

Heres AR’s review of the ThermoWorks.

https://amazingribs.com/ratings_revi...en-one-review/
    Last edited by Panhead John; August 19, 2021, 12:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Murdy
    replied
    Not familiar with that one, but I see ThermoPro is having a 15% off site wide sale today. I think most around here would recommend the ThermoWorks Mk4, which is on sale now as a new model came out, but still pricey.

Leave a comment:

• ThermoPro TP-15 Instant Read Thermometer Is it a good one?

Hi all! Just asking for some advice! I need an instant read thermometer (I only have a stay in probe and it doesn’t work well for steak haha) and saw the good review for the ThermoPro TP-15 Instant Read Thermometer.

Does anyone who has this unit like it! The price is great, but I don’t want to buy a new one every year either.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Stan

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here