Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

alt 0176

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alt 0176

I just learned that entering alt0176 makes a °. My work here is done, time for a nap.

When you wake up, where is the alt button in iPad?

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it's an expensive upgrade.

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Donw gave me the secret password

• Chuck in Charlotte
      Chuck in Charlotte commented
      Editing a comment
      You have to buy the Apple Degree Dongle for $39.99.

I’ll alert the media.
    Last edited by Panhead John; August 2, 2021, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I can see the headlines now "CaptainMike Offends The alt Key" "CaptainMike is a Rabid Anti-altite" "CaptainMike Under Investigation for Using alt Key InappropriatelÝ"

And I thought you were talkin' about a band. °I°

Ya got to start reading other posts - I've been using that for a long time...

ALT CODES To use them, just hold down the alt key and type the number code. ☻
    Last edited by RonB; August 2, 2021, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Who KñΣw¿

On an iPad switch to the .?123 keyboard and press and hold the 0 key. Slide up to the alternative pop-up and you get the ° symbol.

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      well that didn’t work

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      I missed the "slide" part, all good now

Informative to the nth °

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahaha, I was hoping someone would do this!

I’m on my phone, so what do do fer that?

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Now THAT one I know.

• willxfmr
      willxfmr commented
      Editing a comment
      Android or Iphone?

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I.

Why do all that and memorize all that when you can simply open a new tab, move your cursor up to the URL field, type "google.com", click enter, type "degree symbol" in the search box, click enter, open the first page showing a degree symbol, highlight the degree symbol, highlight it again because you highlighted way past just the degree symbol, highlight it a third time because it is actually really hard to only highlight a degree symbol, then you finally got it so right-click, copy, then go back to the other tab you were typing in, put the cursor where you want the newly-copied degree symbol, right-click again, then click paste from the pop-up menu. Bask in your tech savvy-ness a moment with a narrow-eyed smile and slow nod before clicking Post.

You guys and your short cuts. You won't get very far in life using short cuts.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahahaha! ☺

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I did get to read down to the third line…………
      Thank you very much………

Oh man, I'm going to get some mileage out of this©

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      987654°321”‘jhgfdsa987”’j)(*§¢#@¿¡:;\≈ +—‰¿¡><\…~|§}{][^_¥£€0987654321
      I give…..

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang, my fingers hurt just looking at that!

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      ©️I now need a nap ©️

you know, it's a pain to the nth° to figure out that neither Option + 0176 nor Option + 176 work on a Mac keyboard BUT Option + Shift + 8 does actually insert ° for you

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, took me a while to break the code to brother. We still got it!

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, you Applephiles are in your own world.

It's the 21st century, graphical computing interfaces have been around for decades -- yet still, special characters get displayed incorrectly. I avoid them like the płæūģę.

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I can see why cuz ya got stuff all over that last word! 🧐

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I recently entered my 7 decade and I don't remember graphical computing interfaces on my abacus.

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainMike - They say … uh … that something … is … uh … the first to … uh … something.

What were we talking about?

another slide tip on ipad/iphone
    ya know when ya try to edit a long comment ya made and the editor keyboard comes up but it won’t let ya get past the first 3 lines? Bring up the keyboard and slide yer finger on the space bar, the whole long text will now become visible and ya can fix all yer goofs on yer comment. I need a nap…..

Comment

The Google keyboard for Android has a degree symbol on the second level numeric/symbols keyboard.

Comment

alt 248 does the same thing. ° I have the ascii table printed out next to my computer so I can do Spanish symbols plus others.

Comment

Someone please pass the salt....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here