Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations For Wireless Freezer Thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMCCrashCrew89
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve got the dual model on all my fridges and freezers. The single one would probably work better for the standalone freezer but regardless I like that it has 1. An audible alarm 2. The model I have will tell me how long it was in alarm up to 99 hours.

• willxfmr
    replied
    I had the same thing happen to me. What I ended up getting was one of these. It's not wireless, but the alarm is loud enough that if it goes off in the basement, you hear it the second floor. It has already saved me once, so it has paid for itself many times over already.

Leave a comment:

• Planner47
    commented on 's reply
    since i got it i have changed twice. reg battery

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, I was hoping to hear from someone that's using one, I'll add it to the list. How long do the batteries last and do they need to be something special because of the low temps? I'm pretty good about changing the smoke detector batts every 6 months so I would just add this to the routine.

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    I thought of that, but I need something that waps me upside the head and says "Hey dummy, you left the freezer door open again!" Thanks for the response!

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you very much!

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    I hadn't though of that, but I figure it was about $1k worth of lost food and that's our deductible. Plus, it was entirely my......er Collette's fault and I couldn't file a claim in good conscience. If it were due to some sort of product failure or power surge/outage I might, but keeping good Karma is priceless.

• Planner47
    replied
    @CaptainMike been there and done that. i have been using this one since 2017 in my chest and frig. we had a upright in the cellar and the door was not fully closed. Who dune it is still the big question around here. WASENT ME!! Amazon.com: Refrigerator Freezer Thermometer by eTHERMOMETER - Includes 2 Wireless Temperature Sensors and 1 Indoor Digital Display with Built-In Alarm - Batteries Included: Appliances

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve got a couple of those, but use em just for the ambient air temps. They’re great. He might want something that works with his phone, in case he’s not home.
    Last edited by Panhead John; July 20, 2021, 07:03 AM.

• McFlyfi
    replied
    What about a cheap, wireless outdoor thermometer, like this? You could probably get one at Lowes/HD/Ace today.
    I have a similar one I use in my trailer to monitor fridge and freezer temps while camping. No alarms, you'd have to look at it, but cheap!
    Oregon Scientific, LaCrosse, AcuRite all have cheap, outdoor remote thermometers that would be suitable for a freezer.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    replied
    Older thread on same topic if you want more ideas:

The spare fridge freezer we keep in the mudroom died on us. Everything is thawed, warm, and most likely spoiled. Hundreds of dollars worth of meat and wild salmon completely ruined. I am beyond mad as all hell.

I've had this one for about a year or so, and it has been great.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    And blows!!

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    No, we have multiple freezers, including a little chest freezer my mother gave me that she bought from Montgomery Ward's about 40 years ago. It's where we keep our lamb so keep your eyes peeled on SUWYC for all of my upcoming lamb cooks! Thanks for the suggestion

• RonB
    replied
    That's tough. Will your homeowners insurance help?

Leave a comment:

• Mojo0209
    replied
    That sucks!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here