Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke Gateway Connection Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke Gateway Connection Problems

Is anyone else having problems with their smoke gateway connecting to their wifi? I wanted to use my gateway and can't get to connect to my wifi. I have tried numerous times to reconnect including deleting and reinstalling the app with no success.

Mine worked as it is supposed to until recently. Now it has lost its sync to the web. I am somewhat baffled. My Smoke unit has also begun to go off during a cook and I have to tap on it to get it going again. Wondering if the problems are related. First I intend to replace to battery in the Smoke, same one has been in use for about 4 years. Hoping that will clear everything up. If not a call to Thermoworks will be next.

Comment

• lbyer
      lbyer commented
      Editing a comment
      That's my next step tomorrow. Rolll Tide!!!

lbyer i connected my signal and they said that it will only connect to 2.4g will not connect to 5g. just saying

Comment

I had trouble with mine the first time, and it ended being that my phone auto connects to the 5ghz wifi, and I needed to manually switch it over to the 2.4ghz. Once I cleared that hurdle, it went smoothly.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
        Alabama Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Are we talking about 5G phone service? I think Verizon upped our from 4 to 5 recently, but it worked at 4G???

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        Alabama Smoke No sir. I'm referring to the WiFi bands in my home network, not cellular.

No, my Traeger works fine lasts a long time.
      Love the WIFI, When you get yours up and working you may love it also.
      Happy Grilling to you.
      Keep your grill hot and PBR cool. ~40*F.

Comment

Just got off the phone with Thermoworks. Tech support acknowledged a problem with the Smoke Gateway which they hope will be fixed THIS WEEK. So I have no WIFI connection between my Smoke Gateway and my Smoke.

Comment

Appreciate the update. Hoping they get it fixed quickly. Had about decided to just go back to the remote that came with the Smoke. But I do like to store comments and graphs for some cooks, etc.

Comment

I've not used my Smoke Gateway the last few cooks, so missed there being a communications issue. Something similar happened a couple of years ago as I recall, but its been a long time since I've had any issues with the gateway.

Right now I have the dedicated Smoke remote sitting on my desk, monitoring the SNS Kamado, where I've got a rack of STL ribs going for dinner...

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
              Alabama Smoke commented
              Editing a comment
              I can taste the ribs from here!

Jim, you are an engineer, perhaps you can answer me a question regarding the Smoke, The dedicated remote and the Gateway.............

Can (when mine is working correctly again) one set the Smoke to be able to send information both to the Gateway and the dedicated remote? I don't know if that is possible, whether set for both and I have to choose which remote I want to use, or whether they can be set for both to operate as a remote at the same time. Ideas?

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Alabama Smoke Tom - you can use an unlimited number of remotes along side the Smoke Gateway, with a single Smoke base unit. If you had a competition team, everyone could have their own remotes paired with the same base unit if you wanted. I use the dedicated remote and the gateway quite often.

The base station just transmits, and the pairing process is basically tying a remote (or the wifi gateway) to a specific base transmitter.

Thanks Jim. Good info. I will look into it for sure.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here