Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermapen One reviewed -- Baby Back Maniac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermapen One reviewed -- Baby Back Maniac

The reviews are starting to be posted
    Thermapen One Review | Best BBQ thermometer (but should you upgrade?) Thermapen One Vs Thermapen MK4 - YouTube

Happy Grilling to all

Does it have a magnet on the back? Sounds nice, not a need yet. MK4 is good for me for now. Looks nice tho

Comment

No magnet unfortunately. Was hoping it would have one to hang up next to my other Thermoworks products.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        The silicone boot has magnets. I love mine. It does hide the color though.

This one is perfect...yet this one is better in almost every way.

Comment

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        glitchy -- I just replaced my S7 last month

• Dan Deter
        Dan Deter commented
        Editing a comment
        Murdy I'm still using my S7...

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Murdy and Dan Deter Old farts are excluded as they don't get in a hurry to upgrade ;-), by the time they decide to finally pull the trigger, the next new version is out and they start the analyzing again. Kinda like the thread about Mesh WiFi and such. Though, I must be getting older, I've only been upgrading phones every couple years now...still not sure why I even do that, I rarely use my phone and use my iPad much more.

Wow, that is a rather thorough review. (Sixteen minutes!)

His conclusion is roughly what we all seemed to have surmised. If one already has a MK4, and you don't have a good use case for the one-second readings, then there is no overly compelling reason to get one, unless to just get one.

(Does not detract from it being a truly awesome product, of course. Even upgrading from a Thermopop to a MK4 was a game-changer for me.)

Comment

Here's our new review from Bill McGrath: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-thermapen-one

Comment

So I’m going to upgrade from a BRAND NEW Mk4 for one lousy second faster? I do not think so. Just sayin’

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            agreed

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here