Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermapen One, the new champ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermapen One, the new champ?

So now we know what replaces the very well respected Mk4: Introducing Thermapen® ONE - YouTube

1 second read = $105.00 vs 2-3 second read = $70.00? Am I really in that much of a hurry?🤔

Comment

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      JakeT 100% faster and only 50% more expensive!

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly why I never rushed to replace my "classic" Thermapen when the Mark IV came out.

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      Murdy they should hire you for their marketing campaign!

Meh. I thought it would be a total redesign or something novel. So I was holding off picking up one of the discounted Mk4s. Not anymore. I just ordered a "slow" Mk4 for $69.

Comment

I applaud them for innovating and making it better (even though it was already a superior product)! Nothing wrong with that!

Comment

Dammit...

I want one.

Jerks.

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Same.

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too

Always improving things. I like it. Plus, with the new model........it should make the MK4 cheaper. Win, win.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
          Uncle Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          Their "clearance" language in the current Mk 4 ads implies they would discontinue that model. Like you I think they should keep it as a second tier option for those who resist the three digit price of the new model, but still want the ergonomic combination of the Mk 4 with the compromise on speed, warrantee options.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, they did that with the Gen one Thermapen, it was around for a long time after the MK4 was released. Uncle Bob

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          If I'm recalling what I read correctly, Thermoworks has said the MK4 is going away but the Thermapen Classic is staying as the entry or basic model.

Every second counts, right? Not that I cannot spare a few seconds and don't waste them all the time, but I do want one of these. Temping several burgers or steaks on a pellet grill adds up quick in heat loss that has to be recovered.

Comment

• prepperjack
          prepperjack commented
          Editing a comment
          The advantage to me is when temping very large cuts where you can't be sure that you're in the optimal spot. Having such a quick response time means that I can put the probe in deeper than I need to and then slowly pull it out to get the temps through the range.

• BBQPhil
          BBQPhil commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the ability to move it around and instantly measure the temp in a range of areas is more useful than getting the results of a fixed position in a second. This thermometer is taking away the slow from slow cooking.

I like using the thermometer to physically pull stuff off the grill. For instance, if you have 10-30 pieces of chicken on the grill you can temp each one and pull it off with the thermometer. One second is going to be great.

Comment

One interesting thing is that this shows that the metal probe can "react" to heat energy quick enough that continuous one-second readings can be made.

Comment

Love it.

Comment

I still think they should make an instant-read and leave in combo. There would be at least 2 probe ports so that you can have a probe in the meat and a probe for the pit and still be able to use it as an instant-read thermometer.

Comment

Only $97 if you order 5+

Comment

I wanted WiFi. I wanted to put it in my roast, then quickly run inside to my desk and see the temp on my laptop. I am disappointed that I cannot do this.

Comment

• STEbbq
                    STEbbq commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A lengthy and hand written letter.

• Dr. Pepper
                    Dr. Pepper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Huskee Or, run down to your local internet cafe, rent a machine, log-in, and then check the temp. That way you can grill and still meet interesting people, at the same time.

• prepperjack
                    prepperjack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Huskee that’s the "Pro" version due out in time for Christmas

I think I need one. My old Thermopop is just sooo sloooow

Comment

Well, bought a second Mk IV I$70. So, I actually like this new thing that I'm never going to buy since I got a Mk IV for such a great price.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here