Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combustion Inc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combustion Inc.

Got an email from this company. They are putting out a new smart thermometer. Not launched yet so no $ info. I signed up and will get 30% off If I purchase. I am shamelessly adding a link, where if you sign up I get more off. 1st link is to the company 2nd to my cheap ways. Meathead, not sure if this is something you know about would like to look into. On the surface, it looks interesting.

Get it just-right, every time, with the world’s only Predictive Thermometer from Combustion Inc.

Get it just-right, every time, with the world’s only Predictive Thermometer from Combustion Inc.

You are the third to post about this. I was the second. I had seen the first post, but forgot about it...

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, that ones been around the block a few times.

Well, did not see priors or I just don't remember. Anyway, thank you the Pitmaster who signed up. Got an email with another $10 off. Keep em' coming. 🤑

Comment

It does not tell you the cost on the web page?

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        The price has not been determined yet, but I don't have to buy if I don't like the price.

Absolutely. No obligation to buy. Just sign up with the link the OP posted.

Comment

Don't think I'll want one, but I used your link to signup just the same.

Comment

• RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, curious but not going to break the bank on it. Have a feeling it's going to be pricey.

Am I seeing this right? Look at the yellow handle sticking out from this picture on their website. Looks partially melted. Shows more clearly on their homepage.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Combustion Inc.png Views:	0 Size:	633.5 KB ID:	1035532

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think it's melted, I think they are trying to show it's tough and covered with splattered hot butter or oil.

• GolfGeezer
          GolfGeezer commented
          Editing a comment
          glitchy Hmm, not so sure. Look at their site. The shape of handle is very different from the pic of the product versus what is in this pic. Looks very deformed and bubbled in the pan, not a rectangular shape at all.

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking at the other pics, I don’t think it’s rectangular, I think it’s round with one flat spot so it doesn’t roll away.

We get notices about new "miracle" thermometers every week. We have an electrical engineer who tests thermometers with special equipment we bought. I strongly recommend you wait until he has tested it before buying. He has a searchable database of 200+ therms, nothing like it in the world. When he completes testing we usually announce it in one of our email newsletters. https://amazingribs.com/ratings-reviews/thermometers/

Comment

There are several wireless probe systems out there: Meater and Tappecue are two. There are others, and a reliable source tells me that FireBoard is working on one.

Comment

Thanks Meathead. I would only purchase almost anything related to grilling/BBQ your team of experts have reviewed and recommends. Especially devices and of course grills.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfGeezer View Post
              Am I seeing this right? Look at the yellow handle sticking out from this picture on their website. Looks partially melted. Shows more clearly on their homepage.
              Click image for larger version Name:	Combustion Inc.png Views:	0 Size:	633.5 KB ID:	1035532
              thats bubbles from the juices it's cooking in. see hi res image here: https://combustion.inc/assets/img/pa...eak-large.webp and I've attached a screenshot
              Attached Files

Comment

• GolfGeezer
                GolfGeezer commented
                Editing a comment
                OK. I guess "caveat emptor" for me - think I'll wait to see what Fireboard comes out with.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here