Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Custom Cutting/Charcuterie Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, how do we order? I may have to take some screenshots just to remember which one I want to order some day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C9A28BE0-D8B5-4E3A-8DB1-861EBF559874.jpeg
Views:	337
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	960510
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; December 21, 2020, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure at this point. Let me get through the holidays and I will let you know. I would be happy to make one for you. Let me know what size and woods you would like me to throw together and I can see what I can come up with.

Got the chance to get the handles on this Cheese Board. I was really happy with how this board turned out. The contrast between the Zebra wood and the purple heart is great. This was a fun one to make.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0303.jpeg Views:	28 Size:	3.56 MB ID:	964736

I also got my prep board all oiled up and conditioned. I really love this board. it is heavy and 18"X18" square. I put a 45 degree bevel on it so I can pick it up from any side I need too, that is really handy when you have other stuff on the counter. It makes for a great prep area, and it is a pretty good looking board if I do say so myself.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0306.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.20 MB ID:	964735
    Last edited by Spinaker; December 30, 2020, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Again you hit it out of the park John. You are quickly becoming a master at this craft.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      They look great Spin. Did you by any chance mean zebra wood?

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha, whoops! Thanks. RonB

Man I wish I could find something like that at Walmart!! Looks fantastic

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, been a long time since I have been in a Wal-Mart, but I know they are not carrying my brand........yet.

Looking great Spinaker ! Keep up the awesome work. Here is a cheese board I made for an employee this Christmas! FYI, my secret santa gift was mailed priority on 12/19, still not showing delivered with tracking. Probably the same on the inbound one as well.
    Attached Files

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      That is bad ass! Absolutely love that!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! That is awesome! Very cool. That walnut looks fantastic. What are the dimensions of the board?

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooohhhhhh....want....

Spinaker just under 13" wide and maybe 22" tall.

Comment

These are all beautiful! Well done. I love cutting boards that have character like these do.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! These are so fun to make. I have another batch coming soon!

Spinaker so seriously, can we commission a board? My old cutting board has served me well, but it’s time to upgrade. Yeah, I could shop anywhere, but I would rather give the love here.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I would be happy to make one for you. Let me know what you are looking for. PM me and we can get something figured out.

Yeah, still waiting on that custom shop website....

Comment

I'd be interested, as well...

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          PM me, and let me know what you are looking for.

Originally posted by SheilaAnn View Post
        Spinaker so seriously, can we commission a board? My old cutting board has served me well, but it’s time to upgrade. Yeah, I could shop anywhere, but I would rather give the love here.
        @SheilaAnn if he doesn't want to, I can for you.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          What are my choices?

• PaynTrain
          PaynTrain commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn look at some online that may look good to you, then let's take a look together.

I finally made it up north for some R&R and made a few boards. With some more in the works for this coming weekend when I go back up.

The first one I made is for my brother and his new wife as a wedding gift. This one is made from Walnut, Hard Maple, Cherry and Paduk.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2402.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.38 MB ID:	1063722
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2422.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.70 MB ID:	1063716

The second one is a butcher block I put together. I got a slab of Maple from my buddies kitchen when he was redoing it. So I took the slab I got from him and cut it into 1.5 inch strips, flipped them on end and glued them altogether to make the checker board pattern. It turned out way better than I though it would. I am pretty happy with the results.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2400.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	5.00 MB ID:	1063721
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2415.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.10 MB ID:	1063717

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          The butcher block was made using my table saw to get them all the same size and make sure they were flat. Then I used bar clamps. I made sure that they were as flat as possible. Then I ran it through my Delta drum sander, which made things quite a bit easier as far as sand goes. If I was doing all the sanding by hand, it would have taken a long time indeed. willxfmr

• willxfmr
          willxfmr commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahh.... The drum sander explains a lot. I had a vision in my head of running all that end grain through a planer and it scared the crap out of me.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, man. I am so happy to have that. The planer would have destroyed it for sure. But that drum sander is so handy for boards. willxfmr

Few more boards in the works. I made three regular cutting boards for a a few folks, and another butcher block. This block is out of oak, which was a bit of a challenge with the sanding as oak tends to burn so I had to take it slow. I had some burning, but I actually kind of like it, give s some character.

Name:	IMG_2472.jpeg
Views:	180
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	1065707
        Just need to do some edge work, the final sanding and add some oil to these babies. Peace!

Name:	IMG_2475.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	1065708

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Lonnie! Great to hear from you. Hope all is well. lonnie mac

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha, my man!!

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking very good John!

I like 'em all.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Ron!

They look great!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

Beauuuutiful boards,,,,
        excellent approach and execution,,,

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I appreciate it!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here