Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most insane whole hog cutting board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is so beautiful. Can't wait for the big reveal when you flip it over.

Comment

Amazing!

Comment

That is craftsmanship at it finest and pure 60's psychedelic .
        The first jerk that runs a knife thru that is going to hear about it....

Comment

• BBQ Bill Wyko
          BBQ Bill Wyko commented
          Editing a comment
          Thankfully it's all end grain so it'll be a tough one to damage.

ZOWIE !!!!
        that is SWEET

Comment

Beautiful. I wish you were my neighbor.

Comment

Wow, just wow!

Comment

Simply beautiful. A hog would die to get on that board. (You know what I mean.)

Comment

Stunning, absolutely stunning!!

Comment

Fantastic, very nice work indeed. The pattern in the panels is astounding.

What are the outside dimensions?

As a woodworker, I am assuming you created a log(s) of built up strips and then sliced them to make the panels. Looks like you have 36 individual panels joined surrounded by a built-up butcher block edge. Over the top amount of work.

You must have a very nice shop to handle work of that precision. BTW, I am a Festool fan myself.

Comment

• BBQ Bill Wyko
                    BBQ Bill Wyko commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I glue strips long grain, cut them up, turn them so the grain is vertical, then cut strips again, then mix up opposite boards to make the pattern. its an end grain board.

• BBQ Bill Wyko
                    BBQ Bill Wyko commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think it was 3ft x a little over 4 ft. almost 4 inches thick too. I have a 20" helical planer so I can plane end grain too.

Thank you everyone very much I haven't measured the final size but it's about 52 x 40 I think. it's 3.125 inches thick and is all end grain. I think it weighs around 200 lbs. I do oil both sides so it doesn't cause a warp. When I do something like this, I always have to ponder, how long will it be around, how many people will look at it an wonder. Egyptians built dovetail boxes that are still in immaculate condition, will my work be around as long. In all the craziness today, it allows a person the escape for a moment and ponder something else. Enjoy everyone and thank you.

Here are some other things I do, not BBQ relate unless you consider the fact that I do them while slow cooking.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Alphonse
                    Alphonse commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Stunning work to say the least. I would never be able to actually use that work bench! I would have it in the den so I could look at it all the time! Thank you for sharing.

All I can Say is, Brilliant....absolutely Brilliant.
                  I love stuff like this, thought about this as a hobby when I retire.
                  Too bad I can't draw a straight line even with a straight edge....

Comment

What magnificent craftsmanship, both fully practical, yet a museum-worthy pice of art.
                    Most impressive, an beautimous, Brother!
                    Many Thanks fer sharin with us!

Comment

Awesome cutting board!

Comment

That is beautiful!. I think I would go permanently cross-eyed trying to use it though!

Comment

You Sir, are a craftsman!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here