Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chopping Block & Cleavers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chopping Block & Cleavers

A Christmas present arrived today... a quick bit of background first:

I grew up in VA going to a hole in the wall joint called Allman’s BBQ that’s been there since the 50’s. I always got their "minced" pork, more of an eastern Carolina chopped style. I just liked it better than the pulled pork, always have. It’s got a more uniform bite with everything mixed up together better in my opinion.

My sister went to undergrad at East Carolina University. One of her classmates was a guy named Ed Swinson. His family has been in eastern NC for generations, and they’ve been making BBQ and making chopping blocks generations. So my sister put us in touch - cool!

Well, Ed offered to make me a chopping block at a "cool sister" discount and I jumped on it. I’ll be passing this down to my daughter some day, which led to the "Grillin’ like a villain" on the back - it’s something she likes to say when we grill or smoke together, and I just love when she’s involved. The "Jefe" and "Chefe" personalization on the Dexter cleavers aren’t as straightforward, but have roots in a nickname I had as far back as 6 years old - won’t bore you with the etymology. So anyway, they arrived today and I’m pumped! There will be pork butt smoked after Christmas and it will be chopped, not pulled! 👍🏻

Ed has a website in progress for his business, but if you’d like to check out his stuff he has pictures, videos, pricing, etc on the "Ed’s Shape Shack" Facebook page:

Ed's Shape Shack, LLC, Greenville, North Carolina. 1,683 likes · 1 talking about this · 314 were here. Makers of One of A Kind BBQ Butcher Blocks and More!

Now SWMBO is going to put a bow on it and hide it til Tuesday morning. Darn it...

Happy Holidays, AR!🎄
    Attached Files

Good looking block and cleavers! When he gets a website please let us know. Don’t, and won’t, have a facebook account, but I am interested.

Comment

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Donw - will do!

I'm with Donw Don't have the Book account and won't sign up but when he gets a web site please post it.
    That's a fine looking block and cleaver set anyone would be proud to own!

Comment

Wow. Super awesome stuff right there!!

Comment

When it's time to chop, I guess you will Leave It To Cleaver. Great lookin' set for sure.

Comment

• FishTalesNC
          FishTalesNC commented
          Editing a comment
          Should’ve named them Wally and Beaver!

Nice!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Sweeeeeet. That is bad ass. Love it 😍

Comment

Wasn't sure about this until I checked them out. Those cleavers are MAGIC! Agreed on the minced pork vs pulled pork and that set up does the trick.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here