Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first end grain cutting board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first end grain cutting board

Got myself a new toy.
    A little bit of a splurge, but what the hell, I'm worth it...lol
    Never could have previously imagined dropping this much coin on a cutting board.. Click image for larger version

Name:	20230105_161330.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	1356683 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230105_161346.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	1356682

That is awesome! I have never owned a nice one like that.

Comment

Very cool indeed!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Awesome. I love it. Got a couple of BOO’s boards. But they don’t hold a candle to that beauty.

Comment

• CHNeal
            CHNeal commented
            Editing a comment
            Ive had a boos in my cart at Amazon for like 6 months….

• hoovarmin
            hoovarmin commented
            Editing a comment
            You have a bunch of cool toys Steve

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            hoovarmin Hahahaha Dave. You got that right. But I ain’t got a really cool cutting board like that one.
            It’s renewing my desire to try making one myself. I do have a woodworking background. Although I’ve been away from that for a very long time.

Nice, they do cost a pretty penny. If I hit the lottery, maybe.

Comment

That's a fine looking board that should last as long as we all do.

Comment

They do make very nice boards.

Comment

That thing is awesome! I just checked out their website

Comment

Nice looking board.

Comment

A thing of beauty! I've admired them from afar for a while.

Comment

We have a local family meat butcher shop. They’re selling solid end grain walnut cutting boards LARGE boards 1-1/2” thick for a flat cost of $95 each and the boards are very nice. I saw those and couldn’t believe it.
                      With selling cuttings boards that low it knocks my boards out of the market. I could actually purchase the boards at $95 and the boards are very nice and turn around and sell for $300 probably easy. If those that make cutting boards for income walked into that butcher shop and saw those boards for $95 it would piss them off. It did me!
                      Last edited by Ghawtho; April 15, 2023, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• barelfly
                        barelfly commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Who is the local shop? I’m in Clovis occasionally, love to buy local!

The boards are at Foote Family Meats on Prince street south of Discount Tire on the west side of the street. Foote Family meats opened November 2022
                      You might want to get one of those boards, they’re nice. I have looked at them.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here