Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My New Cutting Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Cutting Board

A friend started doing woodworking a couple of years argo, and he's gotten good enough to turn it into a side hustle. He's been making some really nice cutting boards, so I commissioned him to make me one to replace the $15 bamboo IKEA board I've been using for years. It's a rock maple and paduk end-grain board, 16x21x2, and weighs about 15 pounds. He said it's got about 7.5 board/ft, of lumber in it.

It's absolutely bloody gorgeous. I almost don't want to use it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6184.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	369.7 KB
ID:	1284907

Name:	IMG_6185.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	389.8 KB
ID:	1284906

And since it's quite heavy, it's got handles.

Name:	IMG_6186.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	1284905

He's in Orange County, CA and his Etsy shop is here.

Very nice lookin' board.

Comment

Showy!!! Nice to support friend too! 🔥🔥🔥❤️🐿

Comment

Wow!

Comment

That's a beautiful board. I bet you'll think of your friend every time you use it. Win-win.

Kathryn

Comment

Gorgeous board, and high time you had one to match your culinary skills.

Comment

Yep….that’s a keeper! Very nice!

Comment

Very cool! Keep that baby oiled and it will last a lifetime!

Comment

King me! That would perform double duty as a game board! Gorgeous.

Comment

mnavarre
                    There is no way 7.5 bd/ft is in that board, that’s not possible. Here is how board foot is calculated. 2 x 21 x 16 / 144 = 4.66 board feet.
                    Here that figure is again: 2 x 21 x 16 = 672 divided by 144 = 4.66 board feet. I am a woodworker so 7.5 is wrong. Now it could’ve been it was 7.5 board foot before cutting, jointing, planing, routing and sanding but the board did not finish at 7.5 board feet.
                    Last edited by Ghawtho; April 15, 2023, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here