Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notrax Rubber Cutting Boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notrax Rubber Cutting Boards?

I manage our meat processing facility on site where I work. It's mainly for processing wild game that are harvested on property. We currently have two tables we cut meat on. One is 8'x30" and the other is 7'x30". They are currently covered in urethane plastic cutting boards that work from a food safety perspective, but ruin a knifes edge. I did some research last year and found Notrax rubber cutting boards that can be custom cut for my tables. Supposedly They are food safe, last nearly forever and will not hurt the knives. I've got $4k budgeted to purchase this, but was curious of others experiences before spending that much. This seems to be the same type stuff that high end sushi restaurants use. Give me some thoughts..

I know the folks at KKF (https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com) like Sani-tuff. Might want to ask there as a lot of the regulars on that site are pros of one kind or another.

Comment

If you got time on your side then get a standard board and give it a workout.
      I like the sound of them especially knowing how my plastic cutting boards dull my knives. I'd be all over one if they didn't have to travel so far at exorbitant rates.

Comment

• ILMsmoke
        ILMsmoke commented
        Editing a comment
        I did this. Ordered a 16”x2” round and I’ll give it a go before I cover our tables with it…

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here