Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s old is like gently used again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s old is like gently used again

Been replacing some of my warped plastic cutting boards, but had a few that were flat, but rough enough to eat the dish wand. Also, had a new cordless random orbit sander to test out, so cleaned up some cutting boards to keep them out of the trash for now. Took maybe 5 mins a board. After I did the first couple, I thought wow, that really does work pretty well, maybe I should snap a couple pics.
    Attached Files

Well you got the wrong color cordless sander, but thankfully it was up to this task. I'm too lazy to sand mine, so they get a quick trip through the 13" planer.

Comment

I have never heard of this trick. Will surely give it a try. Thanks!

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Just, FYI, I think you can do on Epicurean boards too. Thought I read that on their site.

Wow, didn’t know that could be done. Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by willxfmr View Post
        Well you got the wrong color cordless sander, but thankfully it was up to this task. I'm too lazy to sand mine, so they get a quick trip through the 13" planer.
        LOL, willxfmr when I upgraded from NiCd to lithium, I first tried a different color. It was a drill first. I ended up buying 3 of that different color from 3 different places and each one had the chuck pressed on crooked. Bad QA gave yellow my business and I’m too invested now. Even my weed whacker and leaf blower use these batteries.

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          Murdy that’s why I’ve gone all yellow. I keep a charger in the garage and one in the shop and several spares in a drawer since I’m always planning to buy a bare tool and find the kit for like $20 more giving me another battery. Now the batteries could be anywhere though.

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          I try and stick with all Ryobi products. They’re the best for the number of cordless tools made and their batteries work with all their cordless tools. The products themselves are also pretty decent quality.

• willxfmr
          willxfmr commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm solidly in the Red camp for cordless tools, and I totally understand that once you commit to one color, it is very hard to change. The convenience of having one battery fit everything isn't something you just give up.

I do the same.

Comment

Interestin...

What grit(s) yall usin?

Comment

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            After playing around first, I settled on just starting with 80, then finishing with 220.

Looks like new again!

Comment

Great idea. I never thought about this for my NSF board I use to take to cooks. Those plastic boards are always such a pain to clean, especially with BBQ stuff all over them. Pork Belly Burnt Ends seem to be the worst to clean off. Must be all that GLAZE!

Comment

Spinaker and everyone else. This is the best stuff for cleaning stains off plastic cutting boards. I also have a white plastic cutting board similar to glitchy ‘s. This works best in the sun. Take it outside and place it flat on the concrete or a small table, whatever. Completely spray one side and let it sit in direct sunlight for an hour or two. This Clorox spray will return your board to almost new looking. Repeat if necessary. I’ve had all kinds of stains on mine that scrubbing just wouldn’t take off. This stuff is magic.
              EDIT: You don’t have to use it in sunlight, it just works a little bit better and quicker.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	DAEFE8C0-6174-4EC8-8921-A30786348CD9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	38.2 KB ID:	1079662
              Last edited by Panhead John; August 19, 2021, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.

• Skip
                Skip commented
                Editing a comment
                +1 on this cleaner. I keep it on hand all the time.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here