Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s old is like gently used again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s old is like gently used again

Been replacing some of my warped plastic cutting boards, but had a few that were flat, but rough enough to eat the dish wand. Also, had a new cordless random orbit sander to test out, so cleaned up some cutting boards to keep them out of the trash for now. Took maybe 5 mins a board. After I did the first couple, I thought wow, that really does work pretty well, maybe I should snap a couple pics.
    Attached Files

Well you got the wrong color cordless sander, but thankfully it was up to this task. I'm too lazy to sand mine, so they get a quick trip through the 13" planer.

Comment

I have never heard of this trick. Will surely give it a try. Thanks!

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Just, FYI, I think you can do on Epicurean boards too. Thought I read that on their site.

Wow, didn’t know that could be done. Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by willxfmr View Post
        Well you got the wrong color cordless sander, but thankfully it was up to this task. I'm too lazy to sand mine, so they get a quick trip through the 13" planer.
        LOL, willxfmr when I upgraded from NiCd to lithium, I first tried a different color. It was a drill first. I ended up buying 3 of that different color from 3 different places and each one had the chuck pressed on crooked. Bad QA gave yellow my business and I’m too invested now. Even my weed whacker and leaf blower use these batteries.

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          Murdy that’s why I’ve gone all yellow. I keep a charger in the garage and one in the shop and several spares in a drawer since I’m always planning to buy a bare tool and find the kit for like $20 more giving me another battery. Now the batteries could be anywhere though.

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          I try and stick with all Ryobi products. They’re the best for the number of cordless tools made and their batteries work with all their cordless tools. The products themselves are also pretty decent quality.

• willxfmr
          willxfmr commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm solidly in the Red camp for cordless tools, and I totally understand that once you commit to one color, it is very hard to change. The convenience of having one battery fit everything isn't something you just give up.

I do the same.

Comment

Interestin...

What grit(s) yall usin?

Comment

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            After playing around first, I settled on just starting with 80, then finishing with 220.

Looks like new again!

Comment

Great idea. I never thought about this for my NSF board I use to take to cooks. Those plastic boards are always such a pain to clean, especially with BBQ stuff all over them. Pork Belly Burnt Ends seem to be the worst to clean off. Must be all that GLAZE!

Comment

Spinaker and everyone else. This is the best stuff for cleaning stains off plastic cutting boards. I also have a white plastic cutting board similar to glitchy ‘s. This works best in the sun. Take it outside and place it flat on the concrete or a small table, whatever. Completely spray one side and let it sit in direct sunlight for an hour or two. This Clorox spray will return your board to almost new looking. Repeat if necessary. I’ve had all kinds of stains on mine that scrubbing just wouldn’t take off. This stuff is magic.
              EDIT: You don’t have to use it in sunlight, it just works a little bit better and quicker.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	DAEFE8C0-6174-4EC8-8921-A30786348CD9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	38.2 KB ID:	1079662
              Last edited by Panhead John; August 19, 2021, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.

• Skip
                Skip commented
                Editing a comment
                +1 on this cleaner. I keep it on hand all the time.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Grilla Pellet Smoker proves good things come in small packages

We always liked Grilla. The small 31.5″ x 29.5″ footprint makes it ideal for use where BBQ space is limited, as on a condo patio.
            Click here for our review on this unique smoker

Blackstone Rangetop Combo: Griddle And Deep Fryer In One

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, grilled cheese, and so much more. And why deep fry indoors when you can avoid the smell and mess by doing it outside!

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

Comprehensive Temperature Magnet With 80+ Important Temps

Amazingribs.com temperature magnet
            Winner of the National BBQ Association’s product of the year award. This 8.5″ x 11″ magnet contains more that 80 benchmark temperatures for meats (both USDA recommended temps as well as the temps chefs recommend), fats and oils, sugars, sous vide, eggs, collagens, wood combustion, breads, and more. Although it is not certified as all-weather, we have tested it outdoors in Chicago weather and it has not delaminated in three years, but there is minor fading.

Click here to order.

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

The Good-One Open Range is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker. By placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side, Open Range produces even temperature from left to right, something almost impossible to achieve with a standard barrel shaped offset.

Click here to read ourcomplete review

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The InfraredZone

GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily moved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. Period. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers because temperature control is so much easier.

Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them

Compact Powerful Sear Machine For Your Next Tailgater

Char-Broil’s Grill2Go x200 is a super-portable, fun little sizzler made of heavy, rust-proof cast aluminum. The lid snaps shut. Grab the handle and you’re off to the party! Char-Broil’s TRU-Infrared design produces searing heat while reducing fuel consumption. A 16 ounce LP gas canister is enough to keep you flipping burgers for hours.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order