Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminum pan substitute for life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbq_joe
    commented on 's reply
    jfmorris I know right. Hahahaha I keep thinking about dishes to try with it, but there would be s great deal of room left Lol. Plan on using it this summer though when we get together with my folks.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Whoa bbq_joe you are right - that fish pan is just an inch or two smaller than a full sized steam table tray! Never realized it was that huge.

• bbq_joe
    commented on 's reply
    I would like a 9x13 CI. Unfortunately the new Lodge fish pan is much larger.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Haha, good one FireMan! I am not going to a Pampered Chef party like my wife and her friends.... I'll go to the store or order online.

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Or get yer own pampered chef stuff.

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    I have a round pan for my BGE and cover it with a double layer of foil to take care of leak possibilities.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Larry
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, same here on SWMBO homicide if I did this🤣. I’ll stick to cast iron or cheap or disposable.

• mrteddyprincess
    replied
    Sometimes I don't mind what I'm cooking sitting in its juices in an aluminum pan, but other times I want the juices to drip away. This is not an original idea, but I have a couple of wire racks originally designed as cooling devices for baked goods that I put over the top of the aluminum pan and put my chicken/ribs/whatever on the rack while I'm cooking. Keeps my cooker clean and allows for 360 degree smoke penetration.

Leave a comment:

• Dadof3Illinois
    replied
    I bought a couple of different sized (1/2 and 1/4) buffet pans. They are fairly cheap and can be run through the dishwasher

Leave a comment:

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    I found household ammonia solution will loosen the brown smoke stuff on the pans I've used in my smoker.

• jfmorris
    replied
    Good idea, except for the part where SWMBO murders me for using her nice Pampered Chef stuff on the grill!

The Lodge CI is pretty much mine to grill with as I please, but I don't have a CI 9x13 pan. Maybe one of those Lodge fish cookers could do double duty as a drip pan and foiling pan for butts...

Leave a comment:

• bbq_joe
    replied
    The looped handles would be a nice addition to the stoneware. Would be so much easier. I may have to look around for something like the Andersons lasagna pan. 👍

Leave a comment:

• N227GB
    replied
    Good idea! Back when I had my offset, I used the bottom part of the enamel broiling pan from my oven. Cleanup was with Easy Off.

I don't think I ever used it for it's intended purpose in the kitchen.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    I bet a lot of us have unopened Pampered Chef stuff in our storage areas. I gave the clay baker to my daughter several months ago. It's probably collecting cobwebs in her storage room as we speak.

Good idea to put it to use in your kamado. I would guess that any deep 9x13 pan would do. I've got one with handles that might work, made by HIC. It is one of three recommended by Cooks Illustrated because it is also broiler-safe, unlike Pyrex ware.

Click image for larger version

Name:	51mYQB-MxcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	842593

The CI winner was Mrs. Anderson's Lasagna pan because of its looped handles, and 14.25 cup capacity:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	61jRqA%2BiehL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	842594

Thanks for the tip, bbq_joe .

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• bbq_joe
    started a topic Aluminum pan substitute for life

Aluminum pan substitute for life

I don’t know if you are like me or not, but I get really sick of using the aluminum pans in my smoker. Yes, they are very very inexpensive, but it seems like every time I turn around they end up with a pin hole or something else of that nature. Well, the other day I was rummaging around in the garage and I found a brand new, pampered chef 9x13 stoneware pan, with the matching lid. So, I thought, why not?

Shop Pampered Chef online for unique, easy-to-use kitchen products that make cooking fun. Find all the kitchen accessories you need, including cook's tools, bakeware, stoneware, and more. Start exploring now!

I had a rack of ribs on the smoker, and after smoking them for 3 hours, I placed them into the pan, added my Apple juice, and covered them with aluminum foil. I wasn’t able to use the lid because the Kamado wouldn’t close 😂 but three hours later. . . . . There was no messy bending pan, and cleanup was a synch!

Just thought I would share this with you.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here