Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recommendations for rib racks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recommendations for rib racks?

Some racks for ribs are next on my accessory list. Anyone have any recommendations?

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/variera...teel-70154800/

IKEA pot lid organizer is food grade stainless steel. Buy 2 for $7.99 each. Remove the little plastic protectors on the bottom of the legs/holders. Open them up like a scissor fold, set them side by side and they will hold 5-6 racks of ribs. I have used them with great success on my Weber Spirit II E-310 gasser. They are dishwasher safe and will probably out last your cooker.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190407_145951 rib racks 1.jpg Views:	8 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	804942Click image for larger version  Name:	20190407_145848 rib racks 2.jpg Views:	8 Size:	2.37 MB ID:	804941
    Last edited by SmokingSteve; February 20, 2020, 12:50 AM. Reason: add dishwasher safe

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      This is brilliant!

Kathryn

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Ingenious!

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet. I'm pretty sure we own at least one of those.

I use this Weber rack, that will hold 5 slabs of ribs - got it at Home Depot. The stainless cleans up very well.

The Weber Rib Rack maximizes grill capacity, holding up to five large racks of ribs upright and separating each rack to allow for even cooking.

I have one that holds 10-12 slabs of ribs for my offset, but it’s something my dad had welded up many years ago.

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on the Weber rack.

I have heard good things about the Mak rib rack. Kinda spendy but they seem pretty sturdy. https://amazingribs.com/mak-high-end...ll-outlive-you

Comment

I have the Weber racks. They get the job done and are easy to clean afterwards. I just scape off the heavy buildup and run them through the dishwasher.

Comment

I recommend actually using it if you buy one. I bought one years ago and have never used it 😆

Comment

Love my Raichlen Racks.

Comment

Weber racks here. They do the job.

Comment

I’ve got one of these...

I've not used it for ribs though...only in "roast" mode, along with their roasting pan. So far so good.

Comment

I use this on my big green egg. Love it.

Attached Files

Comment

• Hulagn1971
                  Hulagn1971 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have 2 sets of these as well and use them on my WSM 22. One on the top grate and one on the lower grate. Easily cooks 12 racks of ribs. They are a bear to clean though.

I have a Weber 26 inch kettle with a sns. I think I'll go with the Weber racks- if I don't like them it is only a few bucks.

Comment

Hulagn1971 commented
                  Today, 12:53 PM

I have 2 sets of these as well and use them on my WSM 22. One on the top grate and one on the lower grate. Easily cooks 12 racks of ribs. They are a bear to clean though.

I use SOS pad while their warm, just like the rotisserie basket, comes right off. Also learned to spray them with pam first.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here