Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went a bit crazy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went a bit crazy...

Spent a fair amount of time browsing items on line yesterday.

1 22 qt cambro
    1 6 qt cambro
    A micro gram scale
    Braun immersion blender
    a second pizza Steel for adding a bit more hp in my oven for pizzas,
    Poultry sheers
    Oxo Salad spinner
    a round 2qt Cambro
    I square 6 qt Cambro
    12 qt Cuisinart stock pot
    14 inch flat bottom Carbon Steel Wok

THings I did not buy that were in my cart
    26 inch weber
    Searzall
    6 inch chef knife
    a few different all clad pans
    Slow and sear
    Food mill

Last edited by Richard Chrz; January 7, 2020, 11:34 AM.

Those are a couple good lists!

And don't worry, that Weber 26 will eventually find its way to your house. They always do. And it will quickly become your favorite grill.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I am trying to stay patient and committed to finding a used 26. I am also slowly becoming a Cambro junky. I see so many uses for them, not to mention the square 6qt cambros would really be nice to organize and seal all of my various flours for bread, rather then trying to fold over and seal the paper bags they come in. I would be super happy if I added one Cambro a month this year. I never felt I needed a slow and sear, but now for winter smoking, I can definitely see it being a benefit.

• JoeSousa
      JoeSousa commented
      Editing a comment
      Richard Chrz I looked for probably 2 or 3 years before I saw a used 26 pop up. I think it was $150??? They do show up but not often. I have only seen one other listed for sale where I live and I just missed that one too.

When you said you went a bit crazy I was expecting to open a pic showing blood n breadcrumbs everywhere!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      HA! I have not made a loaf of bread since before Christmas. However, I did just pull my starters out of the refrigerator, and with one feeding they look super active and ready again. Just looking for a window into where I can go crazy on it. YOur comment made me literally laugh out loud.

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahumadora So I'm not the only one who hesitated opening the post.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      ROFLMOA - I thought the same thing. I was picturing Richard buried under a mountain of his own making !!!

Are the cambros storage containers?

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the 22 I hope to use for bulk flour storage, I only ordered one so I can see how well it works and fits in my refrigerator. the square 6 qt will hold flour and hopefully tidy up the pantry, again, only ordered one to try. the round ones 4-12 qt are my tubs for bread making and other various uses. Right now I am more interested in the square 6 qt and the square 22 qt. I hope they work for what I want. I think I could find 100 uses for a Cambro, if I tried.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I picked some up for flour and sugar at the local restaurant supply store. They were much cheaper there than on Amazon. Now I need some for the cabin too. Do you store your flour in the refrigerator?

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the heads up. I will check them out. They certainly are not cheap on Amazon

Richard, I don't see any problem here. Sometimes a person NEEDS a few things to make cooking for Family and Friends go a little better. Looks to me like you are just serving mankind.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, every so often you need a ME day.

A little worried about opening this! Glad to see that it was only a spending spree.
    If you do large batches of things the 12qt stock pot will be a useful addition next time. My wife and I go to a monthly pot luck and mine has made things easier. Everyone expects me to make something Delicious and in massive quantities.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I was reading a recipe for Pho, and I really liked the recipe. But, I do not have a stock pot even close to handling it so, it has to be a very near purchase. (3 lbs of Beef shin bone with meat attached, 2 lbs of oxtail, 1 lb of beef chuck, and one lb of brisket. and more, I am assuming I should go no less the 12 qt, and maybe consider a 14 qt.

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet they get it too.

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Richard Chrz Check out your local restaurant supply for large stock pots. Quite often a WHOLE lot less money than a regular retailer. Same with the Cambro stuff.

Check Sam's Club for the 6 quart cambro. i got a 2 pack with lids for hte price of one on amazon. also for the 22 i had trouble finding a lid that fit, i have tried a couple on amazon that say they fit the round 22 and none have fit.

Comment

Interesting. How long do you typically store the flour in the cambro?

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        I sometimes buy 25 lbs of flour at a time. I keep those bags in the refrigerator. I am hoping I can arrange the shelves to hold maybe 2 22 qt cambros with two different types of flours, that I will use to fill the 6 qt containers in my pantry.

Load it up for the new year!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here