Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C. I. Bacon Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C. I. Bacon Press

Well while watching football and scrolling through FB, a feed from Food and Wine showing this came up. I read it, said I need it. Not sure why, but it will be here Sunday.

Last edited by RichieB; October 24, 2019, 07:57 PM.

Link not working...

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      I know, I'll attempt to fix. Sorry about that.

Here's the one I have: https://smile.amazon.com/Bellemain-G...1968552&sr=8-1

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Same one.

Think I fixed it.

Comment

I own that and used it tonight for smashed burgers. Caution - when BBQing in dark light after preheating for burgers, make sure you keep your index finger in the middle. Otherwise, like me, you will be soaking your finger in ice water.

Comment

That looks like a nice one - I have a Lodge that has a cast iron handle and now wish I'd purchased one with wood handle.

Comment

I recently received one of these as a hand-me-down. A friend had one he *never* used. Knowing I love to cook - truly, he’d eaten more home cooked meals at my house this summer than he made himself - he gave me his bacon press.

Now if the kids baseball season will ever end I’ll have a Saturday morning free to make breakfast for the family and put this thing to work!

Comment

The nice thing about 1/4 in. slices of bacon is that they stay flat without a press.

Comment

I picked up this Blackstone XL press about a month ago at Walmart for 20 bucks. I think it's a Walmart exclusive but unfortunately I can't find a listing for it at walmart.com. Anyway it's great for doing bigger batches of bacon!

Last edited by aladdin4d; October 25, 2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Nice! These are great to get the bacon perfect. I like the round ones better. You get better coverage in the pan. Let us know what you think once you get it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here