Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a poultry hanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinaker
    replied
    I use peanut oil in my RV works fryer and I love it. I use it for frying everything from turkeys to wings to egg rolls and cream cheese puffs.

I also have a 44qt Bayou Classic Fryer set up for my big turkeys. It okay, it gets the job done but it is pretty cheap. But I only use it twice a year. Once for the turkey and once to make hard hot cider for the golf tourney on frozen Long Lake.

For chicken I jsut thrown it in the basket. I got a hanger set up when I got the BC 44 QT fryer.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    This Backyard Pro 30 qt. deluxe turkey fryer / seafood boiler kit includes all the parts and accessories you need to make a moist, delicious, deep fried turkey up to 20 lb., or steam up a collection of shrimp and clams! Ideal for outdoor cooking, this set is perfect for barbecues, fairs, and clam bakes! Deep frying a turkey is the best way to seal in all of the natural juices without making the bird greasy or fatty. You get the best of both worlds with the juicy succulence of frying without the extra grease and fat. A stable, powder coated rolled steel stand houses the 55,000 BTU cast iron burner, which is controlled by a 5 PSI adjustable liquid propane regulator. Whether you're frying up a fresh turkey or steaming a basket of clams, this combination fryer / steamer kit gives you all the supplies you'll need to keep customers coming back for more! Kit Includes: - Sturdy 30 qt. aluminum turkey fryer pot- Aluminum lid - 30 qt. perforated steam/boil basket - Perforated poultry rack- Lifting hook - 12" long probe thermometer - 1 oz. marinade injector - 3-piece metal skewer set - 10 qt. accessory pot- 10 qt. steamer basket - 5 PSI adjustable regulator- Rubber hose Fryer Pot Dimensions: Diameter: 12 1/2" Height: 15 1/2" Stand Dimensions: Width: 16" Depth: 16"

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I've got a very similar accessory. It also came with a large perforated basket that dips into the large kettle that holds the oil. It was a turkey fryer package they sell at our local Academy stores.

• willxfmr
    replied
    This is similar to what came with my fryer. Works well, but you have to be careful with a turkey on it. If you don't support it, it will tip over and drop your turkey on the garage floor. Or so I have heard.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Check out the one(s) from Grilla Grills.

Leave a comment:

• scottranda
    started a topic Looking for a poultry hanger

Looking for a poultry hanger

I have some exciting new things / toys which I'll have to share in another post. But can someone recommend a turkey/chicken hanger for deep frying? I'd like to have it be versatile for both whole chicken and whole turkey.

And I see a lot of people use peanut oil for turkeys. I'm assuming I can also use peanut oil for frying whole chicken and chicken wings?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here