Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burger Master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Wow

• smokin fool
    replied
    I've seen the Tupperware burger press usually after midnight on the tube, $9.99 plus shipping and handling....get a second for just shipping and handling. Thought about it, never bit.
    I used to just crush a chunk of ground beef under a small plate until desired thickness, apparently that's frowned upon.
    One thing I did not mention is you have to work the meat into the corners of the hex's so this is not a fast, labour saving device.
    Anyway wife and daughter off to Malta for two weeks on Friday so I can go back to my barbaric ways of cooking.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    I used to use a Tupperware burger press, mostly to get consistent size and shape on my patties - I don't think I have done that in a year, as all I've done the past year were smash burgers. I've gotten that down to a pretty quick process, and use a 1/3 cup measuring scoop to help make the meat balls all a uniform size.

Can't say I remember the last time I cooked only 8 hamburger patties, so a press like that would be hard to use in my household. Maybe if the kids aren't coming, and its just the wife and me, and we want some leftovers... . Most of the time I am smashing 30-40+ hamburgers on the grill

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    Whaaaaa?

• ssandy_561
    commented on 's reply
    I love how it says it went through one year of design trials. 😂

• ssandy_561
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	E0D5E7C3-CB6C-4A7E-A2AD-CEB8BC1DAAB7.jpeg
Views:	233
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	729647 I’m sure this looks familiar to a lot of people.

I was gifted the Tupperware Burger press like 20 years ago. I don’t use it too often any more but when I first got it this was the only way I made burgers for the first 3 or 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• ComfortablyNumb
    replied
    So here's one for the what-will-they-think-of-next category:

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    Originally posted by smokin fool View Post
    My daughter said she paid $8.00 for it from Amazon, its not going to break the bank so I'm giving this a passing grade.
    I looked it up, $25 on Amazon now. For that money, I’ll press out the patties.

Supposedly it is freezer safe; you can fill it with beef, seal it, and freeze it, and remove frozen patties one at a time for use. I’d buy it for $8, too, but not for $25.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed. With the health and nutrition thing going on stores only sell lean or extra lean ground beef now, I can't remember the last time I even saw med ground in the bunker.
    Could grind my own but, like, that's going to happen....

• mountainsmoker
    commented on 's reply
    You might want to try 80/20 beef. It is much more flavorful.

• smokin fool
    replied
    Well at the end of the day they didn't turn out all that badly, quite good actually.
    It says you need 2 lbs of ground beef, I would go heavier, just not sure how much heavier yet, to make sure all the Hexs are jammed with meat.
    I used lean ground beef so there was minimal shrinkage but the patties did loose the hex shape while cooking.
    Its a coin flip whether its faster to fill all the hexes with ground meat or smash out 8 burgers.
    If you want big honking burgers for a few people smash em, if your feeding a crowd hex em to make your meat go farther.
    My daughter said she paid $8.00 for it from Amazon, its not going to break the bank so I'm giving this a passing grade.
    For the record she didn't really like this burger either....you just can't please some daughters!!!!

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    I'm with you on the smash burgers, like I said a certain daughter who will go un-named doesn't like....
    See what happens in a few hours when I fire up the grill, could be short lived solution
    Last edited by smokin fool; August 11, 2019, 04:10 PM.

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    You might put the 'hex' on the flavor using that.

Leave a comment:

• jgreen
    replied
    Cool little toy. I am still hooked on smash burgers though, and I would ruin all that nice shaping.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Fun!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here