Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mcs/mses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mcs/mses

After the charcuterie making experience I have had the last month, MCS or "more sausage equipment syndrome" kicked in.

When we made the charcuterie last month, we used the basic grinder as our stuffer, which worked fine. Didn’t seem to get any air pockets, stuffed evenly having two people. And probably would continue to work fine for the amount of sausage we would make over time. But, you know how that goes!

so, last night, after reading, looking, reading some more, then rereading and relooking, I went and did this

https://www.amazon.com/LEM-Products-.../dp/B07G8S16BZ

so, now, I just need to decide what sausage will be first to press through this! Which will Probably be some chorizo, as this is what my wife said I should make next when we were watching food network last night. I told her, it would be really easy with one of the stuffers I’ve been reading about, with a grin! And looking at this item this morning, I got a great deal on it! I only paid $119 and it’s listed at $147 this morning!

Hahah! Here’s to a future beer and brats night!

Spanish or Mexican style chorizo?

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably both. Like using them for various things. Spanish definitely for some paella! Need to find a weekend to chef both!

My wife is Mexican-Anerican so fresh chorizo is frequently made at our home. I've never made cured dry aged Spanish chorizo but I'd like to know how yours turns out.

Comment

Congrats, but it looks like you stole a muffler off a foreign car.

Comment

I LOVE a good chorizo, but never had a real homemade one. Please send samples!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here