Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's You Favorite Pan??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm - I'm thinking my All Clad pans are at the top of my list.

Comment

Most recently it would be one of my cast iron pans. They are fantastic to cook on. I have Lodge, stargazer, Field, Finex and one vintage pan and really like all of them.

Comment

My number 1 is my No. 7 BSR skillet, it's been my go to for almost 30 years now though it's getting a bit of a run for it's money from the new lodge 12".

Number 2 is the Lodge enameled dutch oven. Straight workhorse.

Number 3 is a tie between my wok and my 5 qt. Tramontina sauté pan.

Comment

Wow.
        This is a tough one.
        I really love my Field Co. #10 and the Lodge 12”.
        But just replaced all of my other pans with Misen’s
        Got their "Complete" set and also just received, from their kickstarter, their nonstick set.
        So far they exceed all of my expectations.
        But than again they are new.
        If they hold up to the test of time, than, well I may have to reevaluate my choices.
        But that’s not to displace any of my other CI pans.

Comment

Spinaker - You know poor ol’ Spin is going to stroke out over this one ...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            HeeHee!

My favorite pans? Too Many. Just a few that I use all the time.....

Finex No. 12 and 10. I use them all the time and love them. True work horses, and I love the handles.

My Stargazer pans are getting a ton of use these days too, I really love those pans, they are really underrated. Probably the best handle in the biz and a great finish.

Also, I have been using my Solidteknics Pan a ton as of late. Such a great pan.

My Marquette Castings No. 13 is also a great pan. The satin finish is incredible. It might be my favorite overall pan. I use it on the grill, fire and in the kitchen. Everyone should take a look at this pan.

My favorite over the fire pan is my Smithey. It is heavy with a great cooking surface. It perfect for the fire or the cast iron stove in the fall hunting tent.

For steel cookware, I have my mom's old All-Clad 10". I only use it once in a while but I love it.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Who else wants to see Spins Mom's old All-Clad? Come on show us!

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            I will have to post it, when I get home tonight. She would be proud that I am still using it. HawkerXP

pan cake

Comment

Let's face it; we're not gittin any younger lol!

So...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedpan.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	664416

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey, I've been lookin' for that, wher'd you find it ????

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              lol, the ole'bed pan. The first portapotty!

My Stargazer pans are quickly becoming my favorites. For the past month or so, I have cooked with them almost exclusively.

I am really a fan of the handles, IMHO, they are the best in the business. They stay pretty cool even after cooking for a long time. You can also rest the spatula right on the handle, it basically cradles it while your food cooks.

The cooking surface on my new 12" pan is really starting to develop a great finish, while my 10" is already there.

I have been a huge Finex and Smithey fan, and I still am, but these Stargazer pans are great too. And it is tough to beat the price when compared to the others.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              I order mine bare and season myself. Get it bare. Steve B

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup, yer right Skip. I’ve been sayin for two years or when my Stargazer first shipped, its the handle. The more you use it, the more you get hooked.

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Who knew you were right a long! I bow to your wisdom, oh great one of Fond du Lac. 🙌😎 FireMan

Me? I'd haveta say a '62, same year as me...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	62 Panhead 001.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	674609

Comment

• surfdog
              surfdog commented
              Editing a comment
              I’d have that wrapped around a tree in no time.
              Motorcycles and I do not get along. Entirely my fault...seems my brain can’t grasp that the throttle doesn’t HAVE to be wide open. LOL

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              that's TWO plays on words! This guy...

• bardsleyque
              bardsleyque commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a beaut! I see at least two others,how many more are ya hiding?

I have some Cuisinart SS pans that I've had for 35 years and while they have some baked on stuff on the outside they're still in impeccable condition for cooking. I've got my grandmother's Wagner cast iron skillets that are something like 70 years old and still rock. I've got a couple of new carbon pans which are nice and replacing the cheap non-stick.

Comment

You expected anything else? Mudkat Mr. Bones

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...electedIndex=1
              Last edited by HawkerXP; May 15, 2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Lodge 12” CI skillet, Lodge Dutch Oven, 14” Helen Chen wok. It’s a flat bottom wok but it warped a little so that’s a bit disappointing.

Comment

Aside from my Lodge skillets I have really enjoyed my Made In Cookware 10 inch stainless steel pan. It has been in the regular rotation for a couple years now and does everything I want a stainless steel pan to do. They aren't crazy expensive and are very well constructed. Overall they are similar to All-Clads that are twice as much. They sent me a free skillet to try out and review but I have bought a couple more from them since I liked it so much. http://completecarnivore.com/made-co...ter-cast-iron/ And don't get freaked out by that URL. Stainless isn't better than CI. Just different.

I also have a Matfer Bourgeat Carbon Steel pan I really love that I got for Christmas. I am still working on the seasoning but it is getting there. https://www.amazon.com/Matfer-Bourge...ag=amazi0a8-20

Comment

My current favorite is my Carbon Steel 15 inch Paella from Lodge. Probably will change at somepoint. But happy with it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here