Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's You Favorite Pan??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holehogg
    replied
    Pic's not showing for me.

I have a few fairly good pans but I seem to always reach for my Bauer pan that's probably 25 years old.
    Don't make Bauer like this one anymore, weighs a ton.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Your pics aren't showing up ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	663917

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    started a topic What's You Favorite Pan??

What's You Favorite Pan??

We get a lot of favorites topics, including our favorite cookers, etc. along with tons of cast iron back and forths. But if you had to name your top 3 indoor pans (or outdoor if you use them there), than what would they be?

Personally I have a lot of junk. My wife goes out and buys the cheapest crap on the market, it causes food to stick and burn, is inconsistent with heat and generally gets tossed out after a couple of years. I take a different approach. I bought an All Clad stainless model that I just love, along with my cast iron pan, about all I cook in.

Recently had my 30+ year old carbon steel wok handle fall off (cheap Chinese weld) so I bought a new Helen Chen carbon steel one that will probably be pan #3. So here is my favorites for day-to-day cooking pan wise;

1) Good old reliable 12" All Clad. Along with the pots bought in a collection, this pan gets used almost daily. Never get much sticking and it cleans up like a breeze. Heat distribution is great. When it gets tarnished I scrub it out with a good stainless cleaner and it looks shiny and new again.....

2) Who can live without a good cast iron pan? Fried chicken without it, forget about it? Stable workhorse, can cook a whole breakfast and never blink an eye. Love it .....

3) And my new number 3 in line is my Helen Chen carbon steel wok. This is my third seasoning step, got 3 more to do. We'll break her in with a stir fry dish soon....

Show me what you cook on......
    Last edited by Troutman; April 14, 2019, 09:00 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here