Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you are a member you must log in now. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made me a Poortex the other day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    So true.

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    I have a poor man’s slowNsear for my Jumbo Joe. It cost $.25 in yesterday’s dollars and about 15 minutes. It isn’t as good as the real thing, but it does a pretty good job. Necessity is the mother of invention and creativity.

Leave a comment:

• Elton's BBQ
    replied
    Im gonns get me a bowl..
    Thanks for the inspiratiom Henrik

Leave a comment:

• JGo37
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Weber Vortex Outward.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	662464

Leave a comment:

• JimLinebarger
    replied
    That's perfect!

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tqkbw50gXeOrPq8AKd0WNEQuXzIdJ-YLI58N4J2bhQQQ3aSn7HDDxZz1jPJd31J4tgHQOvM6azrn8esfVRr4o4Jf1UwoFrrP5ty8EybhyTHpRrBHmVTb9vH0BMxtQxcOgb68krkuGddLRP0mvwc033pC3kuyaXh2tLSOIxHyuWe2quS2lx6Eo_YaGr7m0bXCE2Ovk2IPMHgNkw0qY0uOqPb9UHMh77C2KBSNgj7MhIs6w-2M7CwqB1nRqky-cpi
Views:	1271
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	662326

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    I bought it from a department store, only cost a few bucks. And I wish I had come up with that name, but someone else beat me to it :-)

Either way, I’ve seen many pit members use one, so you all inspired me to try it. Will report back when I have fired it up!

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    It's so easy to make one from a bowl you get from a second hand store you may as well just do that. I've made several.

• Thunder77
    replied
    I love the name "Poortex"! You could market that.

Leave a comment:

• au4stree
    replied
    Great stuff, good job!

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    Very nice Henrik. Always thinking. Let us know how like after a couple of uses.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Nice. Could you do the same with foil?

Leave a comment:

• JPGators17
    replied
    Brilliant! Did you order the bowl/pan on amazon by chance? I'd like to copy yours.

Leave a comment:

• Rsheele
    replied
    nothing quite like the feeling of making it happen.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Love it, now patent it in Sweden !!!!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes

Spotlight

These are not paid ads, they are a curated selection of products we love.

All of the products below have been tested and are highly recommended. Click here to read more about our review process.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our “buy now” links. This has zero impact on the price you pay but helps support the site.

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It’s among the best bargains for a smoker in the world. This baby cooks circles around cheap offset smokers because temperature control is so much easier. Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them.

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust-free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. It is beautifully designed, completely portable, and much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado. Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360 and get a special AmazingRibs.com price!

Bring The Heat With Broil King Signet’s Dual Tube Burners

3 burner gas grill

The Broil King Signet 320 is a modestly priced, 3-burner gas grill that packs a lot of value and power under the hood including dual-tube burners that are able to achieve high, searing temps that rival most comparatively priced gas grills. Click here to read our complete review.

Groundbreaking Hybrid Thermometer!

Thermapen One Instant Read Thermometer

The FireBoard Spark is a hybrid combining instant-read capability, a cabled temperature probe, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi connectivity. Couple that with high standards of design and workmanship and it’s a “must own.” Click here to read our comprehensive Platinum Medal review.