Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made me a Poortex the other day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made me a Poortex the other day

Click image for larger version

Name:	C0BFE7F5-A4A7-415F-B2E3-1C5939AB3AF8.jpeg
Views:	1404
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	662237Click image for larger version

Name:	28BAB7BE-57CC-4B11-A496-172AD2997830.jpeg
Views:	1613
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	662236 I was gonna write ‘fabricated’, but that would be an overstatement. I simply bought a stainless steel bowl/pan and cut the bottom off with a steel grinder. I tried to order the original, but it would set me back almost 100 bucks to get it to Sweden. And I sent them an email asking for retailers in Europe. No reply. So I made one (Poor Man’s Vortex). Looking forward to doing wings next time!

A most excellent Life Hack! Get that sucka fired up!

Comment

Outstanding! The wings won't know the difference.

Comment

Nice work, Henrik. I should use mine more often.

Comment

Great improvising.

Comment

Love it, now patent it in Sweden !!!!

Comment

nothing quite like the feeling of making it happen.

Comment

Brilliant! Did you order the bowl/pan on amazon by chance? I'd like to copy yours.

Comment

Nice. Could you do the same with foil?

Comment

• Attjack
                    Attjack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's so easy to make one from a bowl you get from a second hand store you may as well just do that. I've made several.

Very nice Henrik. Always thinking. Let us know how like after a couple of uses.

Comment

Great stuff, good job!

Comment

I love the name "Poortex"! You could market that.

Comment

I bought it from a department store, only cost a few bucks. And I wish I had come up with that name, but someone else beat me to it :-)

Either way, I’ve seen many pit members use one, so you all inspired me to try it. Will report back when I have fired it up!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	tqkbw50gXeOrPq8AKd0WNEQuXzIdJ-YLI58N4J2bhQQQ3aSn7HDDxZz1jPJd31J4tgHQOvM6azrn8esfVRr4o4Jf1UwoFrrP5ty8EybhyTHpRrBHmVTb9vH0BMxtQxcOgb68krkuGddLRP0mvwc033pC3kuyaXh2tLSOIxHyuWe2quS2lx6Eo_YaGr7m0bXCE2Ovk2IPMHgNkw0qY0uOqPb9UHMh77C2KBSNgj7MhIs6w-2M7CwqB1nRqky-cpi
Views:	1419
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	662326

Comment

That's perfect!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here