Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garlic Twister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garlic Twister

I love garlic, but I hate chopping it (my knife skills are pretty bad), and I don't like presses. I ran across this thing on Amazon:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Garlic Twister.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.0 KB ID:	659915
    Anybody ever used one?

No, but I've used those slap chop things. They work but I always go back to a chef knife.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      We have a slapchop thingy and I agree, I prefer a knife almost all of the time. A knife is actually faster when you consider cleaning time and less waste... unless you have a lot of stuff to chop, or harder items like seeds/nuts then the slapchop edges ahead.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL I used to have a slap chop thingy, wonder what I did with that gadget ???

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I just like saying slapchopthingy.

Kathryn

One thing I switched to is buying the cloves already peeled. Yea you still have to chop but half the work is done for you by not having to deal with the paper, that's worse then chopping imho.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I do it sometimes too but they aren't as good IMO. If you slice your clove in have and smash the paper has no chance and it doesn't take too long really.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I don't have much trouble with the peeling it's the chopping that gets me

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I know the tricks. Put them between two bowls and shake for 15 seconds. I just hate all the paper. Smash them with your knife and they’re mostly there.

Out here in the Emerald Triangle there are similar devices for chopping up......let's just say green leafy substances. However, my wife found these and they work GREAT for peeling garlic: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074R8RQQ2...mazingribs1-20
    Last edited by CaptainMike; April 5, 2019, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Green leafy stuff lol

• JimLinebarger
      JimLinebarger commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, we have one and it works very well.

• Timbo54
      Timbo54 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got one too. Works great. As others have said the paper from garlic is a real pain.

Watched a video of the 3rd gen and it looked pretty interesting. Did the job well. I still would peel in the rolling peeler I have. Only thing is it doesn't hold more than 2 cloves. But then again, my garlic mincer also can only hold 2 small cloves. Looks like it is easier to clean. Mine is a pain.

4th gen twist is larger and can hold more cloves. Instead of using a different tool for peeling, it is large enough and strong enough to be used to pound the garlic to remove the peel.
    Last edited by JimLinebarger; April 4, 2019, 08:36 PM. Reason: Found 4th gen video

Comment

Image result for minced garlic jar

Comment

• mnavarre
        mnavarre commented
        Editing a comment
        No.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        I see the "no" and raise to "hell no"

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        +1200 on the hell no. Can't do it.

Chopping garlic is somethin ya just gotta do, just do it & quit whining about it. 🕶

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Word.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I know FireMan. But hands off my whining, please!

And they even come in psychedelic colors. Wonder why?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here