Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wasn’t a MCS acquisition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn’t a MCS acquisition

Wouldn’t put it down to a MCS purchase but it sort of scratches the itch.
    I always check the tent outside Massmart Store where they keep the markdowns etc. and have found a few good deals in the past. This cast iron expandable braai grid (grill grid) was marked down to $2 (converted from SA Rands). There is another one a little bigger that was marked for $2.50 that I wanted but at the till the bar code spat out a ridiculous $13. They said they’d keep it for me after sorting the problem. Then I found this (pictured below) in a pile of junk at my brothers place. Any ideas what it might be or how it may be of use to me.

It's 6 inches wide and 14 when closed and extends to 20.
    Plan to use on my flat top to rest things on. Has legs and stands about an inch high to top of grate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181229_171321.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	614996

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181229_120958.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	614997

It looks like a picker or reach extender. If it is all metal, might be uset to move burning charcoal or logs

Comment

Those are Texas Tweezers.

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        For pulling nose hairs heard you guy's got big heads.😊

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahaha, that's why they invented 10 gallon hats too!

Sure, that wasn't an MCS acquisition. Just keep telling yourself that

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        De Nile ain't just a river in Africa!

- Mark Twain

Well, I guess the origins of the saying are more complicated than that. https://quoteinvestigator.com/2012/0...ial-not-river/
        Last edited by EdF; December 29, 2018, 03:17 PM.

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Most recently quoted on AR in Dec 2018 and accredited to EdF

Got one similar in the garage. Here we use it as a snake stick.

Comment

Who can resist a bargain?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here