Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this do as a smoker grate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinaker
    replied
    I think they will standup to the heat, if he is using them in an oven. So, no issue there. The issue I see is those small holes that may get plugged up by the moisture and fat in the smoking chamber. The inside of a smoker is a bit messy when compared to a regular oven.

Leave a comment:

• Frozen Smoke
    replied
    I agree with RonB on the drawbacks. I could see using them for certain items like veggies or shrimp that you don't want falling through your grates but I'm not so sure about every day useage.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    It should work, but will probably discolor. I would not expose to direct heat or high temps - especially if Teflon coated. And be careful cleaning it. Whatever the coating is probably won't stand up to wire brushes.

There may be a potential with it out-gassing harmful stuff, but that should be OK with a smoker used outdoors.

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    started a topic Will this do as a smoker grate?

Will this do as a smoker grate?

I bake pies in my smoker and was chatting with the guy who supplies me with the pies, he showed me the grates he uses in his oven and has more than he needs and said I could buy some of the excess he has.
    I was wondering if they will work for smoking in place of my expanded metal grates. The perforated holes are 2mm in diameter (5/64") and looked like its Teflon coated. This is a partial photo of what it looks like.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181115_160600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.38 MB ID:	593478

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here